Lost a treasure

everywoman

Yesterday a friend of mine from high school passed away from cancer. She was a wonderful woman who was the mother of a special needs child. In her quest for finding peace in her heart (she had been battling cancer for five years and knew, like we all know, that she would one day leave her son behind), she helped found a place where she knows her son will be able to live out his adult life with honor and grace. She was truly a warrior mom. Here is a link to the place she was instrumental in creating: http://www.peacehavenfarm.org/
RIP Susan

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
EW I am so sorry for your friend's passing. Many (((hugs))) for your hurting heart. Prayers for her family.

What a truely remarkable warrior Mom. It sounds like such a wonderful place. And many other children will benefit from her as well.

tiredmommy

{{{Hugs}}} What a blessing for you to have known someone that chose to spend their life making the world a better place. Such a loss for her family, friends, colleagues and community...

Lothlorien

She sounds like a truly amazing lady. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. What a truly beautiful thing she did for her son and others by helping to create. What a beautiful place.

Star*

call 911........call 911
EW,

What a blessing it must have been to have a friend like her. She certainly was an exceptional person. I'm sure she will be missed. Hugs - Star

I'm so sorry... Your friend was an extremely strong, loving, and determined person to be able to create Peacehaven Farm while battling cancer. She left her son a very special place to be able to call home someday. She was a truly amazing individual and I'm sure she is going to be greatly missed by many people.

Thinking of you.... Hugs.... SFR