Lost the grant

judi

Sue - so sorry!

Am watching the news tonight and I know the state is in such trouble I expect way more cuts. Since few of our mentally ill kids vote, its an unseen population and certainly not the population the politicians want to see.

My son is living who knows where with who knows who doing who knows what. I always looked to you and thank you in that he got the best help available via the grant. As you remember, we applied for our son in 2001 and then again in 2002 and were refused. Our son now flounders basically homeless and because he doesn't keep in touch, we won't even know when he gets into trouble (I can't write the word die)!

We need someone in Springfield who has a mentally ill family member.

JJJ

Sue,

I'm so sorry that not getting the grant renewed is being underlined by thank you's current instability. You must be so frustrated. Maybe someone from the Collab would like thank you for a week?? They are doing an awful job of supporting our families with mentally ill youth. Have you called CRSA to see if you can get an advocate on board? They're free and ours was very good. I think he covers your town as well.

slsh

member since 1999
It's pretty much over. SASS worker finally issued ultimatum and gave him a 10-day notice. Either he gets his posterior in school, every day, awake, and does work, or he loses grant. It was expected, by me anyway. TLP case manager said he guess's they'll have to get to work in the next 30 days to find alternatives. Uh - no, 10 days. Sigh.

Went up and saw him last night. Ativan is a good drug for him - or for me as I try to deal with- him, I don't know. He wasn't hostile but said some pretty horrible things to me. I laid out options. Get to school everyday and do the work, come home and live by our rules, or ... make other arrangements. He basically chose option #3, though he thinks he's going to start going to school once he's out of the hospital. Plan is to go live with- girlfriend and her family. Bad on so many levels but... I cannot do anything. He told me not to call or come see him again since we won't let him live at home. I told him we were more than happy to have him live with- us, but by our rules. He doesn't see the difference. We're not his family blah blah blah. It was eerie because he was so calm yet just so vile all at one time.

So - that's that, I guess. I'm working on being Zen about the whole thing. husband is ticked. Sibs don't, and will not, know.

judi

Sue - I'm so sorry that you are being hurt further by thank you.

This sounds so awful and I would only say it to you guys, but since we don't have contact with our son (its been almost a year now since we have even seen him), there is no chaos in our house, there is peace between us. We love our son as you love thank you, Sue, but maybe he needs to learn the hard way - no one wants this for their child though.

Sue,

I'm so sorry. It's hard enough having mentally ill kids without all the beaurocratic (can't spell!!!) red tape and "garbage" thrown in too.

As far as the woman who said she knows how you feel, let her have one of our kids for 24 hours:mad:... I HATE when people tell me they know how I feel but have never had the "pleasure" of taking care of a difficult child:mad:...

No advice, just lots of hugs... WFEN