Lots of prayers needed for a good friend

mstang67chic

Going Green
I recently reconnected with an old high school friend....I've mentioned her before I think. She's the one I posted about who is in need of a wheel chair. (She's a parapalegic)

This past weekend she was going to have her son drive her to the fair that I went to on Saturday night. His work schedule changed so they went Friday night instead. Saturday afternoon I called her and I almost called her again that night. I wish now I would have.

Sometime Saturday night, the guy she's been kind of seeing went to her house and raped her. Both ways.

I just found out an hour ago and just got off the phone with her a few minutes ago. She's doing so-so mentally.....I think she's still in shock and processing. Physically she's still bleeding and cramping and has another doctor appointment for Thursday. The police took her phone for a day and downloaded texts and voicemails he left her and apparently he's still calling/texting her.

I have all types of scenarios running through my head in case I were to find the #@#$%$%^$# but none of them would make up for anything.

Anyway, she asked for all the prayers she can get and I immediately thought of the power of the board. Please, send prayers, good thoughts, good juju, whatever you can towards her and her family. She's going to need it and much as I would be right there with them, I don't want her family to get in trouble themselves by taking the law into their own hands.

Mattsmom277

Oh my. Words nearly escape me. I 100% am saying plenty of heartfelt prayers for your friend. It is going to be a while probably before the shock wears off and it all kicks in. She will for sure need support and friendship. How on earth is this monster texting/calling her? Why on earth is he not already in jail? :( :( I know it won't change what he has done, but he should be behind bars. I'm glad the police are recording his contacts. I'm just stumped that he hasn't been arrested without bail!!
Please let us know how she's doing in the coming days and truly let her know my prayers are with her.

tiredmommy

I'm so sorry for your friend and I'm sending supportive & healing thoughts her way. Perhaps you could suggest she speak with a counselor or a member of the clergy to help her begin to process what has happened to her?

mstang67chic

Going Green
I have TM. She has some brochures from the hospital and has an advocate since the offender is still attempting to contact her. When we talked, she said she would call if she needed to. I told her she needs to. Period.

tawnya

I'm so sorry. This absolutely makes my blood boil.

But, when our difficult child was raped by her boss, it took almost three weeks before he was arrested. I'm still mad about that, and he was released on bond. He did 19 months in jail.

Your friend is in my prayers, too. I wish I could give her a real hug.

Geez, it makes me want to go find him.

DammitJanet

This monster raped a paraplegic? Are you serious? What a piece of scum of the earth! I cant even type what I want to really say. As the survivor of a kidnap/rape situation this makes my blood boil. Seriously, check the sex offender registry and see if he is a repeat offender. Then, if I was you, I would be screaming from the mountain tops to get justice. Call HLN. They would pick up this story in a heartbeat. They wouldnt give her name or anything but I would bet that heads would roll and that perp would get a much longer sentence than he would if the national media wasnt watching. He deserves 25 to life. Life if he is a repeat offender.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm disgusted.

PLEASE send your friend hugs and I've got her in my prayers. And that creep? Oooohhhh Nope can't type what I want to say, either. Praying for justice to come!

KTMom91

Saying prayers and doing my best to keep my temper under control. I'm so sorry...many, many hugs for your friend.

K

Kjs

sending prayers for your friend. Hope she gets the medical help as well as counseling.

klmno

Ohhh.... I'm glad she knows who he is and the police can get him. I am so sorry this happened and I know them catching the guy won't make up for what she has gone thru and will continue to go thru. Will she talk to a therapist about it?

mstang67chic

Going Green
I made her promise to call the hotline or whatever it was that the hospital gave her pamplets for. I imagine they will set her up with some sort of counseling. I texted her this morning and she said it looked like her newest grandchild would be born today or tomorrow so that should put some light back in her life and giver her something positive to focus on.

Thank you guys. I will definately pass along the good thoughts, prayers and hugs.