Lovely, Kanga is having hallucinations

JJJ

husband has been on Kanga duty -- taking her to her therapist appointments and parenting her while I have been taking care of the other 3. Kanga's therapist called me today to let me know that despite the 84 days of intensive psychiatric care that she sees no improvement in Kanga, feels she is in a manic episode and is currently experiencing both auditory and visual hallucinations. :highvoltage: Oh, but this is my child who doesn't qualify for grant funding because she doesn't have "impaired reality". :faint: I'm so frustrated. therapist has recommended that we do not attempt to reconnect Kanga with the others. My grandparents are going out of town for 2 months and the younger 3 and I are going to move in there. Course, that won't be for 36 days so I have to get a plan in place to survive 36 days. therapist says it is quite possible that Kanga will be back in a psychiatric hospital before that, but she wants us to have our plans in place in case Kanga can hold it together just enough not to qualify to go back in.

Yet another day in the soap opera that is my life...

dirobb

I am a CD addict
JJJ,
Yikes...Wouldn't you love the powers that be to step into your shoes for just a moment so that they could know all that is going on. Have them feel your heatbreaking and trying to keep everyone safe. They aren't the ones having to expose the others and hope for the best because it doesn't meet their criteria. This just really frustrates me. All the roadblocks put in the way to get help for those that truly need it.
saying a prayer for you and your family.

smallworld

Zoloft can cause hallucinations. Abilify may not be able to do enough to offset them. I hope you have put a call in to whomever is managing Kanga's medications to see if you can turn things around.

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
JJJ,

I am so sorry! I know first hand how hard it is to get help for one child while trying to keep the rest of the family safe and as untraumatized as possible. VERY difficult situation.

Prayers and hugs coming your way,
Vickie

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yuck. I am so sorry you are going through this still... the poor child and your poor house hold!!! You guys need a break!
Thinking of you.

I would love the powers that be to step in to someone's shoes and be able to hit these morons over the head with a frying pan. Every time I see one of your posts, I cannot believe how much jazz you are having to go through.

Sending more strength!

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
JJJ,
my heart goes out to you. I cannot imagine the frustration and exhaustion you must be feeling! Sending big ((HUGS)) and hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel

sandman3

Your strength through all of this is incredibly admirable. I don't know how you and your husband keep it all together, but you are an inspiration. I truly hope that something will come through for you and your family very soon!
(((((((HUGS)))))))) to you! I wish I could give you one for real!

Wiped Out

Staff member
JJJ,
I just get so frustrated for you. This isn't right! I still am shocked that they turned you down for the grant-especially with the therapist being so on board. Continued prayers and hugs.

L

luvmyottb

JJJ,

Oh, geez. Hoping you can hang on for another 36 days to get in the grandparents house. This whole episode with Kanga has to be so draining. I can't imagine. Prayers and hugs for you and your family.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
JJJ

Thinking good thoughts, saying prayers.

You know, you'd think it would be a bit obvious this child needs more than you can give her at home right now.:faint:

((((hugs))))

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. I know the whole thing breaks your heart and can't be processed by your brain. The lack of funding is so very very idiotic. Keeping the candle lit, the prayers going, all in the hope that you would come by.

Hugs,

Susie

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
JJJ,

You are in my thoughts daily. This situation is intrinsically just all so wrong. I'm crossing every body part I can that the appeal process is successful for kanga - she needs the help. As does your entire family.

(((Hugs)))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh hon - I am so sorry for you all.

At this point ? This is where I got out the video camera and asked the psychiatric to write a letter To Whom It May Concern......and sent a tape AND the letter to the caseworker.

The tape was called - FIVE MINUTES in OUR LIFE OUT OF 758 minutes a day - because we really never sleep.

Hugs

'Chelle

If the therapist wrote this in a report, I wonder if you could include it with your appeal on the grant app. and if it might make a difference? I'm sorry you work so hard being proactive to try get her help now , while agencies that should be helping seem to want to wait until something terrible happens and then just react.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I just don't understand how your family has been so outrageously failed by so many people at so many levels.

Praying your reality is finally acknowledged by the "powers that be" and you get the funding and services you so desperately need.

B

butterflydreams

I am so sorry. {{{{HUGS}}} Hold on tight, hopefully you don't have to wait those 36 days to keep everyone safe.

Christy