Lovely weather we're having

Nancy

LOL Fran and you'll be glad to know it's called the Panhandle Effect and it came from no other than Texas, all the way up here!

Nancy

givnmegryhr

It is still snowing here. Started as snow, then sleet then back to snow. Schools closed , works closed and I'm sick so I was calling out anyway. I'm trying to rest ,but the kids are making that impossible. I just suggested a craft I saw in a magazine. Here's how if you want to use it to take up some time. It's a melting snowman. You can improvise if you don't have all of the supplies, we don't . First cut out a piece of white felt to look like a puddle. cut out a piece of colored felt to look like a scarf, fringing the ends. glue it to the center of the puddle. glue a white pom pom ball or cotton ball onto the scarf for the head, cut a small piece of orange foam or paper into a long triangle for the nose and glue it to the pompom. paint on black eyes and mouth and paint buttons onto the puddle. Use twigs for arms .They had them glued kind of under the sides of the pompom. I thought this was cute.

sameold sameold

We have about 10" so far and still counting. My back is aching from shoveling. We have blizzard warnings up until tomorrow morning. I am so ready for spring.

mstang67chic

Going Green
difficult child and I went out earlier today to shovel at least my side of the drive way as he and husband got the worst from husband's side earlier. (Plus husband has a jeep) We both had to take a break (I started helping with the driveway then started on the walk way). He went out later to finish the driveway. I wish I could post a picture somewhere that you all could see. I'm guessing he got tired. The shoveled part narrows done to juuuust enough to get my car in and out if I go perfectly straight in and out of the driveway! :hammer: :rofl:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Pretty funny about the Panhandle effect. If it snowed that much in Texas, we would be housebound for a month.

needabreak

i wish we were getting that much snow like most of you are getting. i think were just getting the little stuff.we got the ice but i'll take snow any day.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mustang

I wish you could post a picture of that! :rofl: Too funny!

Fran

I remember back when my sister's kids were small. My sis, who lives in Texas got around 3 inches. It was horrible. Thank God it melted by evening. But her kids were thrilled. It was the first time they got to see snow. They spent the morning building a snowman. lol