Lunar Eclipse tonight - Rare

Wiped Out

Staff member
The Space Place at the University is having a party from 11:30-5:00 tonight. Of course, I won't be there-way too late for me. Don't know if we will have good viewing as we are getting snow and rain.

M

Mamaof5

Creepy coincidences here:

12/21/2010 - winter solstice and a blood moon. This hasn't happened since 1838!
Two years to the day to 12/21/2012 (not a big fan of 2012 theory and end of world stuff but still creepy). Suppose to be the end of the world. It's only the end of the Mayan calendar for that cycle (Poisidon cycle if translated into the Greek calendar or gregorian)
A few numbers...

12-21-2010 = 3 number 2's
12-21-2012 = 4 number 2's
Winter Solstice (ie: first day of winter) always falls on 12-21 = 2 number 2's
2, 3, 4 = sequential numbers.
Blood Moon is supposedly one of the first signs of the biblical end times...for what it's worth as a coincidence to this happening.
2.35 am is when the Blood Moon during the eclipse starts (or happens). Another number 2.
Starts at 133am ends at 501 am, Blood Moon at 2.35 am. Interesting numbers as 3 is a power number and occurs 3 times with in that sequence of numbers, 3 is also the number associated with the Mayans as a power number as well as the biblical dogma as in the Holy Trinity, the Father, the Son, the Spirit. Three is the number of family members in Jesus' family (Mary, Joseph, Jesus. More precisely technically Mary, God and Jesus). Jesus was 33 when called to the Father's work... it goes on and on...

I just find it really creepy how certain numbers and "happennings" seem to blur across the religious dogma lines and cross over to all belief systems in many ways. It's kind of cool actually.

Jena

hmmmm end of world?? so we can let our difficult child's run wild and do what they want?? LOL...... yay!! no more doctor's lets just go have fun, rip them out of school, let them run wild!

ok i'm done LOL

so here it wont' truly hit till like 1 a.m. and yes being the pyscho mom that i am just told step child and difficult child that this occurance will be happening tonight. so when i complain tmrw of no sleep dont listen MY FAULT LOL

H

HaoZi

Snow expected overnight here, hoping to find a video of it online tomorrow.

M

Mamaof5

I've got fairly clear skies. I will try to video it for everyone. We also live in a place where the street lights are few and far between too. I'll give my vid skills a go at it (not that I have much of them). I'm going to set the alarm for 125 am so I won't forget. that's in about 2.5 hrs give or take a few minutes. Can't promise quality but I'll upload something to share with you all!

Jena

very cool!! i'm waking kids up at 2 for it! I figure this is what having kids is all about doing junk like this. yea rest of early a.m. will be a nightmare yet they'll always remember it. easy child is even getting up. i guess i should get to bed. difficult child is sleeping!!! yay!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mama of 5 I hope you have no issues taping it. I'd love to see it. It's just my luck we have a thick overcast sky..........seems like anything cool going on at night, we have a stupid overcast sky. ugh lol

witzend

As it started the clouds were thin and I thought that we might catch it. But it is raining and there is no hope that we will see it. Rats.