M got fired. Again.

witzend

Phone rang the other day, and I could see it was M. I had husband answer. M said that he got fired from his Plaid Pantry job. husband said to me, "Well, you know his manager didn't like him and was giving him a hard time, telling him to 'Use your brain' and such." Actually, no, I don't remember that. Apparently this may have been discussed when M and his girlfriend stopped by for dinner a month or so back. I'm not thrilled that I seem to not remember things lately, but I really don't feel much of a need to remember this. Did I forget on purpose? We may never know.

M told husband that he was going to apply for school (better do that now!) and look for a union job. Oh, well. I hope that he will find something soon so that his girlfriend doesn't kick him out. He's not living here...

everywoman

Witz, sorry to hear that. It happens to the "best" of them---Tripp is still job hopping---it seems like everywhere he goes someone on staff has an issue---in my humble opinion I know who has the issues but it is so much easier to just say, "I'm so sorry to hear that, I guess you'll find a job one day that you like." Then I smile while inwardly I'm thinking, he just can't be that oblivious.

witzend

I'm pretty sure they can be that oblibious! LOL! They have no clue that the sun doesn't shine out of their behind and the world doesn't revolve around them! It's a hard lesson to learn for everyone, and much harder for them, I guess.

cakewalk

Jobs are hard to come by in our state. I hope he finds something soon... "fast like you want it to be!"

(A little humor for you, witzend... there's humor in every situation, we just have to find it.)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sigh. I guess I was under the wrong impression that this job was going well for him? I hope he can find another one quickly. Do you think he'll follow thru with the school thing?

((hugs))

witzend

I thought that the job was going well enough for him, as well. I knew he didn't like it, but then again, who wants to work at a Plaid Pantry? Maybe I wasn't paying attention - which is highly likely seeing as to how I've had enough of his drama to last a lifetime so I listen to his drama very little anymore - or maybe I wasn't there for the conversation and husband didn't feel the need to keep me informed. That's ok, too. It's none of my business and there's not anything I could do about it.

Just as I did when he was young, I do wish that he would find something that interests him and get an education or training in that field. But that's not for me to decide.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Witz,

I'm sorry M lost his job. I hope for his sake that this IS one of those times where one door closes another better door opens. If he does choose to go to school - tell him to check into work-keys programs. It's something new and they can get good paying jobs relatively quickly. I don't know if they have it where you are. As far as being oblivious? I have always liked the phrase "She's forgotten more than you'll ever know." :tongue:
Sounds about right.

Oh and just for the record? I think Toto had rainbows shooting out of her behind at one point - but she's such a cheerful person. ;)

Nancy

I hear you Witz. They don't seem to get the working world.

My difficult child has been fired from two jobs already, Panera Bread and our local ice cream store. I am waiting for her to get fired from her current job. She has to keep deleting things from her resume...sad.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I've lost track of the number of jobs Rob was fired from before he found something where he could "stick." I'm convinced that the only reason he's still there (roofing) is because there is enough downtime via weather or economic slowness that it's still not quite full time.

Suz

witzend

Suz, I think that there are a lot of difficult child's in construction for just that reason. Unfortunately, with his Muscular Dystrophy, M is not a candidate for that.

I think that a very frustrating thing for me is that while I'm fine with having detached to where I don't jump in and figure it out for me, I think I also would be a good sounding board for advice. The only time we ever hear from him is when he's already made up his mind and wants validation of some sort. How much of their lives would be different if they came up to us and asked "I'd like to try such and such, but I'm not sure as to how to make it happen. Do you have any ideas?"

Mind you, we're not paying for college. But I'd be happy to go over a catalog and the FAFSA sites with him to help him think along a logical path. But, he hasn't asked, so that's neither here nor there, I guess.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Witz, Rob is very similar with the validation aspect but he's coming around. A few weeks ago he actually called and asked me for advice and I almost fainted. I was very careful in that conversation to talk with him instead of at him, if you get my drift. We'll see if it ever happens again. lol

Suz