M on 72 hour hold by police

Steely

He lost his mind last night at his Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Broke windows, tried to hurt himself. others, the cops were called and he was put on a 72 hour hold.

Dr is out of town. I don't even know how this will go down. Something about the state having to verify he is sane, or something else will happen. Except I signed extended guardianship papers, so I thought that was supposed to allow me to be the one who has jurisdiction over which hospital. he goes to.

I am so so so sick, tired, and personally giving up. I can't take one more second of this saga. Not one more. I am done.

I missed H so badly yesterday I could barely breath, and now this. I need your prayers, and I am calling all the professionals I can think for me and Matt.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Hugs, Steeley.

One foot in front of the other. That's all you have to do today. Focus on that.

We're here.

klmno

WOW! I'm sorry, Steely... I don't know what to say. I hope someone wakes up and realizes how much help he needs and that what he has been getting is clearly not enough. I take it that this 72 hour hold is the TDO at a psychiatric hospital to determine if he needs more inpatient help????

Hang in there- I will be here sending strength and many hopes that this leads to something better for him....

Jena

hi

i'm so sorry i know you were wishing this wouldn't happen. I'm sending you hugs and support and please vent away we are all here.

Now, regarding this extended guardianship that does infact give you the right to make the decisions on this i believe, or at least here in new york it would. Do you want me to do some digging around for your state what laws would apply?? i'm around here till later when i go to drop difficult child off at dad's.

(((hugs))) take deep breaths

M

ML

Steely I will pray for M and for you. My heart goes out to what you are going through. Please keep reaching out to us and let us know how you are managing. I'm sure you have a ton of phone numbers but if you want mine, pm me. Love, Michele

Ropefree

Banned
Steley, It is so difficult when we discover it is time for something new because of the
dramatic things that happen. I can not imagin how you are feeling or coping through all this.

4sumrzn

Sending many thoughts & saying many prayers for you both. I can't even imagine how hard it has to be to stay strong....but, you have to. Many {{{hugs}}}.

trinityroyal

Steely, I don't know what to say. No advice, just many hugs and prayers for you and for Matt. As Shari said, one foot in front of the other.

My heart hurts for you.

Trinity

tbone

tough luv is tough
My thought and prayers go out to you.If you can try to read my post on my 16 y/o son.Maybe it will give you reassurance that you are not alone in this.My son is still in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and has also broke into the office,disableing the alarm system,smashing stuff,stealing drugs out of other of the residents rooms.I would love to give you any incouragement.Somtimes the only thing you can do is just put them in God's hands.

DDD

I am truly very very sorry that you are in the midst of this living nightmare. If I had any answers or new words of wisdom I would share them with you. Sadly all I can do is keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. DDD

L

luvmyottb

Sending you and M positive thoughts and gentle hugs. So sorry. One day at a time.

Steely

Thanks guys........in all of my 41 one years I have never felt so completely depleted of hope, perservance, or stamina. At that really stinks, because that is what I always valued as one of my strengths.

I found out that M may not be able to go back to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) program because of his violent outburst last night. I am devastated. He has no other place to go, he cannot come home, and he has the emotional IQ of a 12 year old. What I am supposed to dump him on the streets?

I know many of us have faced this. I thought of all of you all day long.

I blame myself in so many, many ways. I am such an enabler, a fixer, a controller - but today I have resigned. I cannot do anything about this, anymore. I fold.

I just pray that something turns around. Somehow, someway - I need out from under this - forever.

crazymama30

Steely, this is not your fault. Sometimes life hoovers, and it sure does for you right now. I wish I had some wise words to tell you, but I don't. I just sit here reading your last post and I can feel your desperation. Pray and pray hard, and just give over control. I hope that the saying that once you hit bottom there is no where to go but up is true for Matt. You and your family have been through too much.