Maddie is home!

KTMom91

They got home earlier today...they invited a select few to come see Maddie. Yes, my instinct was to hurry over...but I remember how I felt the day Miss KT came home. C-section, baby stress, and people hanging around your house is not a good mix, even if you invite the people.

We're going over tomorrow after church. I'm so excited!

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Grandma

After a c section Mommy would probably be thrilled to death if you brought over a casserole or two that can be just heat and eat for a few days. I think I'd have given my right arm if someone had done that for me. I've been thinking this would be something nice for me to do for easy child when the new baby comes.......because she'll have her hands full with the new one, Brandon only 18 mos, and Darrin. :)

You make sure you get some suga off the neck for me. Gawd she's adorable! :D Have fun!

klmno

Congratulations!! I'm glad she's doing better and could come home quickly. She really is a beautiful baby!!

susiestar

Roll With It
Awesome!!! Glad she is healthy!!! Enjoy her and spoil her!! Just be sure to spoil mom for a while too.

I still remember about five days after Wiz was born. My dad came over that evening, handed us $40 and told us to get out. HE was going to be the first babysitter. He was afraid I was never going to leave Wiz with anyone - and parents just spoil the fun according to him.

We had a nice night and since this was pre-cell phone we didn't even call home in the entire hour we were gone, LOL! (husband wouldn't let me!)

When the time is right this could be a nice thing to do.

donna723

Congratulations! I'm so glad she's well enough now to come home! You're going to have so much fun being a grandma!

My daughter had a C-section too - not as bad as they used to be but still rough. I went down there to Charleston a few days after the baby came home from the hospital and stayed for a week. As soon as she felt up to it they went out to dinner and a movie a couple of times while I stayed home with the baby and they really needed and appreciated the break. It had been a while since they did that because she didn't exactly feel like going out in the last month or so of her pregnancy. Enjoy being a granny!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
When my sister had my niece and nephew, I give her some "coupons" good for three hours of baby-sitting each.

Both babies were breastfed so lil' sis had to pump and bottle milk for them, and I needed to be shown how to use modern, disposeable diapers and the like.

I am NOT a kid person. The noise and smells bother me, but I figured that with the hours they were working, the only way they would get a night out together would be if they had babysitting.

It wasn't too bad, even for me, and even with dealing with what turned out to be two babies on the spectrum. Worst of it was the little nephew's Sensory Integration Disorder (SID), but my mum was used to it, I have it, and we managed to fake it. Just had to figure out what M's triggers were.

KTMom91

I was so afraid to hold Maddie...it's been 18 years since I held a baby! I must have done all right, because she didn't fuss at me, and we got some great pictures. Once K's mom changes her Facebook avatar, we'll all have pictures with Maddie on there. Hubby and I changed our avatars today.

K's mom took dinner over tonight, we're feeding them tomorrow. And I'll get to hold the baby again!

Star*

call 911........call 911
AWESOME STRENGTH IN THAT LITTLE ANGEL!!!!! WAY TO GO LITTLE MADDIE!

Hugs & Snuggles - Great Auntie Star!

DammitJanet

LOL...Mary...you forgot how to hold a baby?

Just wait till you see all the new stuff for babies out there. I mean diapers are so not the same! Can you imagine velcro on a diaper? Yep! You can mess up when putting that tab on and just pull it off and re-stick it. I was so amazed...lol.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yeah, I can remember being taught to stick my thumb between the diaper and the baby when pinning the diaper in place. Given that I did nail myself, it's a good thing I had my thumb there.

I'm not up on the new baby stuff. Last time I took care of an infant they had come out with the adhesive tabs on the disposeables, but not yet the velcro.

I learned about putting a fold of diaper over the "pertinent parts" on male babies after I had my glasses sprinkled a few times. I swear they HOLD IT until diaper change times just so they can do that!