Making more canine cookies this morning!

KTMom91

I'm amazed at how many people want some once I tell them I'm making them! The "gourmet" boxes at Petsmart cost about 8 bucks...I don't think I've spent that much on the six or so batches I've made so far!

Easy recipe: 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup cornmeal, 1 cup broth (I use chicken), and 6 tablespoons vegetable oil. Mix together, roll out (I found that rolling made the dough too thin, so I flatten it with my hand instead), cut out the shapes, and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Since I couldn't find yogurt chips to melt down, I'm using candy melts from Michael's. They have different colors; just make sure there's no chocolate in there. Dip the cookies in the candy, add sprinkles, let dry. Very, very cute!

Mom2oddson

That's such a nice gift and an easy recipe too! And I actually have all the ingredients on hand. Considering everyone I know has pets (dogs), it will go on my christmas baking list. Thanks!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
hahahahah I was just going to ask you to send me the recipe as I liked the way they turned out when you posted them on facebook.

This is a project I'm saving for Darrin and Aubrey and Brandon to do during xmas vacation.......a little something special with Nana for the dogs for xmas.

I might, depending on how much work is involved, do the same for katie's kids to keep them occupied on xmas eve.............as I can only imagine how hyped they're going to be. lol

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
i think this is something wee and cgfg culd make while u supervise from my chair...and they do look awesome!