Manster cooking dinner

M

ML

Manster is so sweet. He earned $20 for mowing grammy's lawn and used it to buy ingredients to make dinner. He and his dad went shopping and brought in bags of food. He does have some different ideas on food preparation; he's mixing sprouts with cut up potato and I'm not sure yet where he's going with it lol. He watches cooking channels and I do think he has a vision.

Anyway I just had to share this. I doubt the clean up will be part of the package but that's ok. I am just really feeling grateful and blessed today.

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I LOVE THAT YOUNG MAN! He's so awesome!

Happy Mothers Day 1L - That's quite a boy you have there!

Love you!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh my goodness, he is just the sweetest! I told my easy child, who, incidentally, is making me dinner, and she said, 'awwwww'.

So cute, happy mother's day!

Jena

he has a vision........ a little man with a vision.... such a beautiful thing!! hope you enjoyed it! he's adorable.

klmno

How very sweet! I suspect you'll find a way to eat it no matter how it ends up! I'm glad you are having a good day.

One of my best MDs, if not the best, was when difficult child was about 10- too old for them to make cards in school or day care but not really old enough to buy a gift on his own, I had bought some roses (plants) on sale that I thought I'd enjoy in the yard. I carried them out and set them where I wanted to plant them, then came in the house to take a break before going back out to dig the holes. I looked out the window a few mins later and difficult child was out there with a shovel...he dug holes for and planted about 12 rose bushes for me that day on his own initiative, as my present. It meant the world to me so I know how much this must mean to you.

Enjoy!!

M

ML

well, the steak was a bit tough but I liked what he did with the rub and the zest of orange flavor. As I'd feared, the potatoes were not quite cooked enough but the red bell peppers and onions were good. He had sprigs of mint over everything. For dessert he pured mango and kiwi and chilled it in pretty dessert cups. husband pretended to eat it and had subway later but truly for his first formal dinner not too bad.

These are the moments to cherish and hold close during the more challenging days that are sure to lie ahead.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
At least undercooked potatoes are still somewhat edible!

Such a sweetheart... I am so glad he did that for you...

klmno

These are the moments to cherish and hold close during the more challenging days that are sure to lie ahead.

That's right! I bet you enjoyed it a lot better than you would have enjoyed a meal cooked by a nice restaurant but the family in turmoil and M having a big difficult child day, right?

You'll have such memories of this someday...especially if he becomes a famous chef later on!! Oh, shoot, no matter what he'll make someone a good husband!