Manster is cutting his playtime short

M

ML

He and S have played really well this summer. They've spent a lot of time together and have gotten along together great. But all of a sudden he's wanting her to go home. I think maybe he's recognizing he wants his down time. I guess that's good but we're afraid he will lose her friendship completely if he doesn't at least do it more tactfully then "ok S, bye bye" lol. I tried talking to him and he does not want to lose her friendship but he says he gets tired of playing.

I guess I can understand. He's had to "play" and socialize all day at daycamp and he's done come 7:00 at night. During the school year they don't have the luxury of playing during the week because they have homework. I just think it's time for school to begin again. Though I am sooo NOOOOTT ready for the homework wars.

Last edited:

tiredmommy

Can you try to head-off the problem by ending the play dates no later than 6:45? It would be ideal if Manster could start to recognize his impending need for downtime a little earlier so that he could start to wind down the play time more gracefully but that's not likely to happen any time soon. He may need your help.

M

ML

TM that's a great idea! I always thought their 8:30 time frame was too late. But S's mom is a WAHM and she doesn't have to get up early for daycamp. For the next two weeks I'll tell them both that 7:00 is the new 8:30 lol.