March IS the neurospych test! :)

Andy

Just got a call from the neuropscyh office wanting to know if it would be o.k. to schedule the all day testing on the day they set up for neuropsychologist consult!!!

I needed to call insurance and clear it through them. With difficult child's anxiety disorder and having a lot of testing done (all day!), the insurance company said it SHOULD be o.k. However, if we are doing it "for educational in nature" to look at only one specific thing, it will not be covered.

You know how insurance companies are - they will hardly ever agree to pay until all is said and done.

So, it is questionable if insurance will pay - but I am not going to let that stop the process of this figuring out what is going on with him. It would take forever if ever to get the school to agree to do any testing. I just need to step up my belt tightening to pay off my current debt so I can make payments toward that if need be.

M

ML

I would pay anything to have answers and solutions for manster too. I pray that insurance pays but more importantly, that you get those answers and can piece together a plan for better days ahead!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I know with younger kids they divide the testing up over two or more days. If your son is so anxious, could they do the same for him even if it isn't the usual procedure for kids his age?

JJJ

I hope that it gives the answers that master deserves to have. And that the insurance covers it!

Andy

Thank you for the idea Going North. In these tests, we are looking for a probable cause that may bring that intense level of anxiety back to the surface. I would think that having him do the all day testing will show them how anxiety does play into his thought process (or vice versa). If we split it into two days, he will not have that "wear down" as the day goes on. It will be interesting to see what time of day he does his best work. I am sure that if the testing gets too wearing for him, they will halt it and have us come back to finish.

I hope that makes sense?

I am glad you mentioned this so that I can keep that option open if needed. Thank you again! :)

I am noticing that right after school, he has a burst of anger. He yells at me and DEMANDS things. I am hoping that will show up at the end of the day but these kids are good at hiding their emotions from everyone and taking them out on Mom! I will bring that up to therapist who shares info with psychiatrist.