Marriage!

bluebird36

I was drinking my coffee this morning when my 5 yr old walked up and said mom you need to get a husband!! after I burnt my lips inhaled the hot liquid down the wrong pipe and spent the next 20 minutes coughing to death. I asked him well now son what do you expect mommy to do? Do you think husbands grow on trees? He says yes go out there and pick one make sure he is a good one this time!! I love my child but sometimes he makes me want to scream.... I think a lot of his behavior revolves around a desperate need to have a man.

DDD

I love it when kids blurt out what they are thinking. There's just so much innocence displayed. Have another cuppa coffee and then scout the neighborhood for a good Daddy tree. Makes sense to me, lol. DDD

bluebird36

Yeah hahahaha if he only knew the trouble the daddy trees bring! It would take a miracle to find a man to take him on.. I think I would be better off leaving that up to the creator, besides why does he feel such an urge when mommy can hunt, fish, camp, and ride 4 wheelers with the best of them. I sure do wish I could finish my degree so I could move on with ease.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Awww, that's so cute. Does he have any male role models in his life? A grandpa or uncle? If so, maybe they can spend some time with him weekly one on one? If not, many churches have groups that separate the genders to provide good role models for younsters. When my nephew was little around 5 yrs, my sister put him in a group at a local church, I think it was called Rangers something and he met lots of other little boys and it was led by men in the church - they did a lot of cool stuff twice a month and met weekly, sort of like cub scouts. Hugs, mom.

bluebird36

Yes his grand dad gets him three or four times a week and my brother usually gets him one day out of the weekend because they had to do boy things!! I have to go do boy things mommy he says that I cannot come because I am not a boy. He is something sometimes he drives you mad and others he so loving.

keista

He sounds absolutely precious!

Maybe he's less interested in wanting a man around for himself and truly wanting it more for YOU?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
LOL!

I just had a mental image of chimpanzees hanging off the tree branches.

Not sure if those are the "husbands" he was thinking of...

H

HaoZi

I'd ask him if he wants one for him or one for you. If he needs more male role models, try something like the Big Brother/Big Sister program. If he wants one for you... there's so many ways to respond to that.

buddy

That's so funny! I'd go for a money tree too.

I got difficult child's haircut once and his barber (really cute) gave me his card and told me to call. I politely said thanks and as we walked to the car difficult child asked, but mom, if you dont call I'm never gonna get a daddy right? I just couldn't explain to him....Honey, how in the world do you think this date is gonna go? Let's see, either during a school day, or during 3-4 hrs an Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker comes, or difficult child comes along. Yeah, very romantic, and when the call comes that says I have to rescue some poor teacher or Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker when my kid has locked himself in an outhouse ....ok...date over. Maybe I can date again in 10 years or so.