Martian Child / movie difficult child adoption

Star*

call 911........call 911
I posted this in General - But....

This movie is a MUST SEE for anyone with a difficult child who wants to know that someone "ELSE" out there gets us and gets what some of us may have had to go through to reach our kids.

This movie is about a little boy abandoned and left in foster care. he's he weirdo in the box - and a recently widowed science fiction writer attempts to adopt him even with all the little odd things about this kid. The neatest thing about the story to me was that it unfolds and tells the story of WHY he's the little weirdo in the box that does odd things.

It was moving - and heartwarming.

Joan/John Cusack star - if you get a chance - rent it, well worth the time and money.

Enjoy!

Lothlorien

I saw the previews for it. It looked absolutely as you described. I'm not sure I could watch it without a brand new box of tissues.

JJJ

I read the book (it is a true story). It was wonderful. The movie "mainstreamed" some of it -- the dad in real life was a single gay parent. But overall it said that the movie got to the heart of what it is like to parent a special child. I didn't see it in the theater because I want to watch it alone and be able to cry my eyes out.

What draws me so much to this movie is I spent a great deal on my childhood on Mars.

klmno

Hey, Star! I saw the previews too and wondered if it was as good as they made it sound. I'll have to watch it- it sounds like I'll need a box of tissues too! Would you recommend for or against difficult child watching it with me? We saw "Pursuit of Happiness" together and we loved it- but that wasn't difficult child'ish.

Star*

call 911........call 911
dUDE (AGE 17) Sat and watched and laughed with us. I had no idea what the movie was about after ordering on weeks ago on Blockbuster - but .....when the kid was in a box - Dude looked at me and announced - I sat in a box for long time didn't I Momma? (yes you did) You felt safe in there.

While I was SURE my kid was dropped from a spaceship - (so different) this movie was really worth watching with the kids - I would say 12 and up would stay focused....one because it's about a kid - and he's different - and it shows how he struggles to fit in -

And yes - a box and a half of kleenex -