Maybe a start in the right direction....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
GP doctor ordered in home nursing because of a decline in my health; I expect it's mostly to the decrease of prednizone ~ my body isn't producing the cortisol to replace it.

Having said that, I thought I might have a RN out here to help with medication management (I sometimes mess up setting up my pills for the week or miss doses) & possibly physical therapy a couple of times a week.

Well so far, I've seen 2 nurses, physical therapy & a home health aide to help me get in & out of our big clawfoot bathtub safely. HHA massaged my back, neck & feet. I lost any sense of modesty when she went into massage mode.

I'm scheduled to see Occupational Therapist (OT) & speech therapy tomorrow. A SW is coming in next week to help with some transportation issues (and other more long term answers) when husband cannot take off to drive me & I can't drive for any given reason.

Physical therapy's goal is for me to walk 150 feet with-o excessive pain/fatigue at the end of the walk.

I took a walk on Tuesday! It was wonderful to get outside & walk like that (I slept the rest of the day but it was worth it)!

I'm hoping/praying that these in home services will get my body "unstuck" , for lack of a better term. I'm tired of physically being in the same spot I was in last year.

It's just so exciting for all of this going on.....gently nudging my body as far as it will go. I expect as I gain strength I'll be able to be about here more & offer more support.

KateM

I am very hopeful for you, Linda! Having a holistic team should definitely help. Home care services are usually successful,but progress can be slow -but it is progress, one step at a time!

I am a home care RN for children who are ventilator dependent. I love working with families in their home; much better environment than a hospital.

Wishing you the best in your continued recovery!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Linda, there is a lilt in your voice again that is terrific to "hear." Many gentle hugs to you- optimism is a wonderful thing.

Suz

nvts

Linda! That's great news!

Truthfully, didn't that massage feel absolutely wonderful! I've had exactly 1 in my life and I have to say, I remember it more clearly than ANYTHING that's gone on in my life!

You sound so much better!

Bravo!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Soooooo we are to assume that husband did NOT get eaten by a bear. Jolly good news.

I'm happy to see YOU are WALKING - sounds like you're going in the right direction.

I am very proud of you - I know you are going through heck on earth - and you're fighting it tooth and nail.

Very VERY Good -

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

donna723

Linda, I think it's a great idea! You sound optimistic and positive, and a little relieved!

I can't imagine how difficult this has all been for you trying to contend with it all while you are not feeling well yourself. This should make things a lot easier and much less stressful at your house, and that's got to be good!

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
so glad to hear you're making progress and your spirits are up

continued prayers of healing coming your way ><>

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda

Woot Woot! Good for you on the walk. :cheerleader:

Sounds like a good plan. It's good to hear the optomism in your voice again. I'm glad doctor is on the ball and getting you the in home help you need.

(((hugs)))

DDD

How wonderful to read that things are "up" for you.
Keep up the good work and hang on to the happy
thoughts! DDD