Maybe someone knows what this means

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by Mamacat, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Mamacat

Mamacat Active Member

My son just put on Facebook, "I'm stoned on special ops" . What are special ops? I'm almost afraid to ask because I'm thinking it might be opoids.

2. mof

mof Momdidntsignupforthis

I have no idea!!

Damn all I know is the video game:(

Did you google it?

3. RN0441

RN0441 100% better than I was but not at 100% yet

I would think opiods also. Nothing on google about drug slang for OPS.

4. Mamacat

Mamacat Active Member

I couldn't find anything either. But it makes sense. He's living under a bridge in Colorado so I don't think he's playing video games!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Mamacat

Mamacat Active Member

Oh and he also added "very stony, but clear headed." It's gotta be opoids. This is a game changer for me!

6. StillStanding

StillStanding Active Member

I've heard this in context with video games. If he's homeless that's less likely but maybe? He's on Facebook.

7. RN0441

Where does he get the money for drugs if he is homeless Mamacat?

8. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

They pick up discarded receipts, say, at Walmart in the lot, bring it in, look for items in the store, and "return" an expensive item on the receipt. One common way.

They beg. They mug people. They prostitute. They get money for drugs and there are no good ways. Their morals are in the toilet. These are all common methods used by addicts. Things nobody wants to believe their child will do, but very common. Rarely do they get the money working or get sober while sleeping in a street. They dont go to shelters because they want to be high. Shelters have rules against that.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  9. Littleboylost

Littleboylost On the road unwanted to travel

I agree with you on the shelter situation and OMG! On the Walmart/receipt scam. Things my poor brain would neve even comprehend.

10. AppleCori

AppleCori Well-Known Member

My step-son (who wasn't homeless) would buy packs of cigarettes and go to a not-so-great area of town and sell them singly (I think they are called loosies) when he was suppose to be in his college classes.

He would also buy and resell (for more $) the packets of "spice" back when it was semi-legal or not-so-legal but hard to find.

11. Mamacat

Mamacat Active Member

I would have never thought of the Walmart receipt thing either!
    He is working in a restaurant. He gets his first paycheck tomorrow. He just got on the streets about 2 weeks ago. It's a long story, but I left him there. I left him with some money until he could get a job. Then I sent some more when he ran out and needed food. I thought he was not using anymore. This is a game changer for me. I have no intention of sending any more money. I better give him a heads up that mama's bank is closing and he better spend his money wisely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

I read about this common way of getting money in a book written by a drug user. Later saw this played out on Intervention. It shocked me too. We dont think like them and they have far less scruples than we want to think. Of course, most also sell drugs. Many, even heterosexuals, prostitute themselves too. Easy money. Fast money. They will do anything if addicted

They are NOT broke and starving.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  13. Littleboylost

My son does that ....it so degrading to see him grubbed out in an undershirt selling cigs ugh.

14. Littleboylost

OP. Drug slang A street term for opium. See Opium Managed care Outpatient, probably some form of medical grade opioid.

15. mof

mof Momdidntsignupforthis

Wal-Mart is catching on fast by the way...they turn people's returns down everyday where we live.

16. Littleboylost

It amazes me that my son will hang around and sell looses but won't work at a part time job because he is worth more than minimum wage! Unreal.

17. RN0441

It's the drug mindset. Nothing like how we raised them.

After the drugs stop the mindset is still there unfortunately.

They need a reverse brainwashing!!