Me again - easy child losing it because of difficult child....

KFld

I remember always thinking my easy child was fine. We always talked to her about everything difficult child was doing and I think I expected to much from her. A very close friend of mine always reminded to not let easy child get lost in all of this and assume she was o.k. She spent sometime with the school social worker, which I think did her a lot of good. Even though she could talk to me about anything, I was still so wrapped up in trying to fix difficult child and thinking she should be able to understand and handle this. Talking to someone outside made a big difference because she could say exactly how she felt without the worry of if she said something wrong, how much more stress was it going to put on me. She worried about me so much through all of this and that made her very angry at difficult child.

I just posted about her reactions to this day in the pe section, I believe under the post called shame. She still holds a lot of resentment towards difficult child because of what he did to her and all of, even 2 years after he has left our home.

Don't let your easy child get lost in this. I think when we have a easy child we just think they can handle this because they are a easy child. Don't over estimate what you think she can handle. She should be talking to someone about this, outside of the family, where she can really let loose and say exactly how she feels without thinking she's going to add more stress to what you and wife are already going through.