Me. Chapter 1

KFld

Today starts the first day of the rest of my life. Tonight I will go pick out my halloween costume for a party I am going to on Saturday night and I am so looking forward to it. There will be a d.j. and tons of dancing, food and great friends.

Next Saturday I am going on the train to N.Y. with a group of girls and we are going to an Italian restaraunt for dinner and then to a place called Hogs and Heffers????? Apparently I have to wear two bras because I'm going to need to hang one of them on the wall.

meowbunny

Must say I like this chapter book MUCH better!

Glad you are planning some fun things for you. Who knows, maybe your BFF can fill your ex in on the guys you've met.

KFld

BFF can't go. She had both of her feet operated on at the same time and is actually just getting out of a wheelchair :frown:

I know she's going to be so dissapointed when I tell her I'm going.

I told my daughter and she wrote the date on the calendar. She wrote mom out, party in!! Then wrote j.k.

BFF Jill is coming to see my apartment tonight for the first time. It was very hard on both of us that she could not be a part of my original move in and decorating. She was just able to start doing stairs a few days ago, so tonight she will do both flights of stairs and see my new home

I'm going to make her dinner, then her hubby will pick her up later.

KFld

Why do you need 2 bras?
:bag:

Because I'm a big chicken!!! Actually nobody would even notice if I didn't have one on anyway, so maybe I'll really throw caution to the wind and just wear one

busywend

Just don't wear a white t-shirt!

JK! I would never go without! Of course - it would be VERY obvious if I did.
:bigsmile:

susiestar

Roll With It
This sounds like a great book! Can't wait to read each chapter as it unfolds. You might think of printing each out to keep in a file. In a few years you might have something really cool, at the very least you will have a record of all of the new experiences!!

Susie

everywoman

I say wear a white t-shirt and one bra!!! Go for it! Enjoy the newness of being single and loving it. Have fun. You deserve it. (And I am secretly jealous!)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
The movie "Coyote Ugly" was fashioned after Hogs 'n Heffers in NYC. I read in People mag that Julia Roberts' bra is hanging there proudly. If Julia can do it, so can Karen!

Have a great time.

Suz

TerryJ2

LOL!
I love your new life.
So sorry Jill cannot come along ... but there will be other times. Maybe you should bring along one of her bras so she can feel like she's there?
:crazy2: :surprise:

KFld

Okay Karen....which one of these gals is gonna be you?

The movie "Coyote Ugly" was fashioned after Hogs 'n Heffers in NYC. I read in People mag that Julia Roberts' bra is hanging there proudly. If Julia can do it, so can Karen!

Have a great time.

Suz

I have never seen that movie, but I think I need to watch it before next weekend :smile:

KFld

O.k. busywend, just rub it in that somebody would notice you didn't have a bra on.

And Terry, I think that is a great idea. I will ask bff for one of her bras to hang on the wall. Maybe I should try and pass it off as mine :bag:

Marguerite

Whaddayareckon, girls? Should she watch "Coyote Ugly" BEFORE the NY trip, or when she's recovering? Don't want Karen to lose her nerve...

I like the idea of taking bff's bra for her, though.

Marg

KFld

Now you're making me nervous :scared:

Maybe I'll watch it afterwards. I am a huge huge chicken and I may change my mind if I really know what I'm in for. :bag: