Mean mom club

happymomof2

Got the nicest compliment from my easy child daughter yesterday. She said I was mean. I said yes now I am officially a member of the mean mom club. She said you should be "head" or "captain"!!

:rofl:

Jena

k i'll be a member maybe we could form a fan club........LOL

ive' been accused of being a b*tch at times.........:)

jen

klmno

Welcome to the club! I know my difficult child has found a friend I will approve of when I asked him what they have in common and he tells me the new friend has a mean mom just like me!! "Oh, ok, you can hang around at his house sometimes!"

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ahem,

Welcome to the "Mean Mom Club". Said club was founded by me, "The Meanest Mom on the Planet."

I am the *itch of *itches. The woman never to be messed with. I am the woman every child within a 10 miles radius jumps to obey, even if they aren't mine. I see every move you make no matter where you may be, I hear every word you say no matter who you say it to, I'm the reader of minds, and I know your every thought. I have The Look that can make you regret every bad deed you ever did, even if you think that by some miracle you managed to slip one past me, The Look that will make you stop dead in your tracks and forget to breathe.

I AM the baddest, meanest Mom in the known Universe. So sit up and take notice. I'm gonna watch you, I'm gonna know were you are and what you're doing, and I'm gonna know who you're with. And when you step outta line, I'll be the first person there to make you get back on track, whether you want to or not. Why? Because I'm the Mean Mom.

And because I love you.

If I didn't, I wouldn't care what you did.

M

ML

I need to take lessons from you truly mean moms. I get the honorary title from difficult child almost daily but I feel like a fraud accepting it. If I don't give in to his demands I am hated because I'm mean. The good news is that it's fleeting and I can also be rewarded the "I love you you're the best mom in the world" all in the course of an evening. I want to be part of this club!! :O ML

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Michele

Of course you can be part of this club. And if you've heard "you're mean", "you're just out to make my life miserable", "or I hate you" from your child (difficult child or easy child) then you are a card carrying member of the Mean Mom Club.
:sword:

Odd as it may sound, but if I heard though types of phrases from my kids I knew I was doing my job. lol I just kept reminding myself that it wasn't my job to be their best friend, that didn't come til AFTER they were 18.

For the most part they still believe I have eyes in the back of my head, that I can read them like an open book (i can lol), and that I have this psychic ability to know absolutely everything they're doing.:rofl:

The trick is.....NEVER reveil your sources.

My grandmother was the "meanest, baddest Mom in the Universe" what can I say, I learned from the best. At 72 her kids adored her, and she them, but if one of them crossed the line even then all she had to do was give them The Look and I'd watch in amazement as they'd stop dead in their tracks, pale, and start apologizing. lol

Hugs

Fran

Former desparate mom
It is a title I have earned repeatedly.
My job is to raise a good, responsible, moral, independent adult. It's not to be their friend or to be well liked. They know I go to the mat to help them but I cut them no breaks as far as their responsibilities.
I don't expect to be liked yet. I do expect to be respected and hopefully loved on a deeper level.

I'm a card carrying mean mom.

SRL

I'm in!

easy child Sr. was scheduled to be at a Super Bowl party at 5:00. At 12:30 I suggested he study for his math test tomorrow. At 4:00 I checked his math grade online. It's not been pretty around here the last hour...

trinityroyal

Like others have said, I believe that if I don't hear "You're mean" or words to that effect, then I'm not doing my job. My difficult child thrives when he's in a very tight box. He chafes against it, but it also makes him calm. Loosen up even slightly, and he feels insecure and gets very very defiant. Almost as though he's trying to make me clamp down harder...back into his comfort zone.

So yes, I'm part of the Mean Mom Club too.

Trinity

Mikey

Psycho Gorilla Dad
Hey, Dads can be mean, too! What about me? I wanna join. Can I can I can I PUHLEEEASEEEE?????

I promise to be as mean as the rest of you. I swear it on my shriveled, black heart, and if I'm lying may my already damned soul be forced to watch endless reruns of "Leave it to Beaver" for eternal penance.
:devil2::devil2::devil2:

Mikey

F

flutterbee

My card is laminated. :tongue:

My favorite is that The Look works on the kids' friends. I don't have to say a word. Funny thing is, they also tell me I'm the 'awesome' Mom.

When easy child was little he totally bought the 'I have eyes in the back of my head' line. We were in the car once and he was trying to trick me. Guess he didn't realize I could see him in the rear view mirror, but after that he was convinced. :rofl:

Of course, I also told him that I got a manual when he was born and that Chapter 12 was, 'How to Embarrass your Kids' and so I had to do those embarrassing things; it was in the book. He believed that, too. My kids are soooooo gullible. :rofl:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Of course Mikey. You can be a member. But Dad's do have the Meanest Dad Club, too. lol I'm sure your membership card is laminated, too.

Of course, I also told him that I got a manual when he was born and that Chapter 12 was, 'How to Embarrass your Kids' and so I had to do those embarrassing things; it was in the book. He believed that, too. My kids are soooooo gullible.

OMG! You do the book thing, too? Too funny!:rofl:

easy child told me yesterday she just figured out why parents tell their kids "Because I said so". I giggled.

Heather, while I still hold the rep of being the baddest and meanest, I was also the Neighborhood Mom. All of the kids hung out at my house. Go figure. lol

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm definitely a card carrying member of the Mean Moms Club. I've been one for a good long time now!

tiredmommy

I'm the one that cancelled a birthday party a few years ago. I have a bad hip from hauling Duckie out of places in a football carry. I, too, have THE LOOK. It works on her friends, classmates and the Brownie troop (I'm the mean leader). It's especially effective with young difficult children and typical teens. :hypnosis:

But I get swarmed by kids at the school, church, Brownies, the library and other activities. Parents allow their children to come here because I'm so no nonsense with their kids and set expectations high. And Duckie tells me she loves me, even though I'm a Mean Mom. :loveyoutoo:

SRL

I had the pleasure of being announced as the MMITW today in my son's health class. Apparently the teacher asked them if there was anything they wanted to vent about so easy child Sr. told them I made him skip the Super Bowl party to study for a math test. I asked easy child if he told them that his grade was a C- and that he'd lied twice when I asked about his grade (the shrug-I-don't know lie) but he neglected to mention those little details.

Blondie

ROFL!

Been An Award-Winning MEANIE Mom for well over 20 years. Hahaha

Funniest thing? My house was still the one all the kids landed at/showed up when they "ran away from home", and hung out at after school or just whenever.
If school got called off early due to weather or whatever? Guess where all the parents phoned because I live 3 houses down from the elementary school and within good walking distance of both the high school and middle/Jr Hi? Yup.
It got so bad that one dad YELLED at me because I didn't know where HIS daughter was one evening -- she had had a difficult child fit at school so he naturally assumed that I of course had Sarah. But that particular time I actually didn't, oh horrible me!:tongue:
Gee...I'm such a dreadfully mean mom, horrible, huh? lmbo

Now when either of the (chronologically adult) difficult children, or even easy child who has some serious anger & grudge issues, make that accusation re my "meaness", I just tell them, "Well, at least I've always been consistent, yeah?"

Bahaha

Rock on, Mean Moms (and Dads) Worldwide Membership! :love-very: