Mean ride with-scared boy

TerryJ2

My easy child thinks this is hysterical, but all I could do was feel sorry for the boy because I hate rides, too.
I was relieved to see that the mom finally reached over and touched the kid's arm. Sheesh.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=yuTf7rPIuY8"]YouTube - Fat Kid on a Ride[/ame]

trinityroyal

I think that was cruel and horrible.
That boy looked terrified and in pain, and probably got lodged in the seat because of his size. And all the mom could do was laugh.

I just want to reach out and give that boy a big hug.

Breaks my heart.

Andy

How dangerous - I would have asked for the ride to be stopped ASAP - That boy will never set foot on a ride again and by the way he was sitting was very lucky not to have been injured. Looked and probably felt like he would slip out any second now.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I will NEVER, EVER go on a roller coaster again in my life. You couldn't pay me a million.

A couple of years ago my easy child son and daughter convinced me to go on one in Primm, NV (State line...you Californians would know this). I was never so terrified in my life. They make it appear to be an old school coaster, so it sounds REALLY rickety. I can't say it enough. I was terrified.

Finally it slowed down and easy child son looks back at me (yes, they let ME ride alone) and says, "It's ok...it's over." Liar. It continued on.

I'm literally sobbing at this point.

I was so PO'd at them for jerking my chain. In fact, I'm still mad at them. ;)

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Abbey, my easy child/difficult child 3 has begged to go on that ride at Primm a million times, and thank God it's been closed or the weather's been bad every time we've been there!

I WAS that boy in the video a few years ago on a rocking boat ride with my kids. My anxiety was at an all-time high before I got on. About two swings into the ride, I started screaming to GET ME OFF THIS THING NOW!!!!!! A panic attack was boiling just under the surface. Good thing they stopped the ride, or I think I might have jumped...

I am VERY sensitive to my kids' anxieties, whether it be a ride, a needle, animal, whatever. Whereas husband (pre-Lamictal) is historically callous and oblivious, thus resulting in many struggles and fights about appropriate and reasonable expectations.

trinityroyal

The part that's really killing me is that the boy was clearly terrified...doesn't matter the reason for it...and the mom just laughed at him, rather than comforting or reassuring him, or offering encouragement, or something.

meowbunny

I don't think the mother was laughing AT her son. I think it was worse -- she was so busy having a good time she paid no attention to her son. Even at the end of the ride when he said he was in pain she was still so busy enjoying HER ride she gave him no comfort.

Okay, I admit I love coasters -- in any way, shape or form. My daughter hates them. She has tried to ride a couple of times. Each and every time she has ended up a whimpering mess by the end of the ride. Not once did I enjoy my ride because she was in such misery. For this mother to be so into herself is just inexcusable. If she isn't the mother, she still should be hanging her head in shame for letting a child suffer so much.

trinityroyal

MB, that's exactly it.
I love coasters as well, but if I'm riding with someone who's terrified or miserable, then I can't take any enjoyment in it either.

The whole thing was sad, but listen to it again.

The kid is calling the lady "Janice". I don't think it is his mother.

Which makes it about 1/2" less horrible for her to be laughing while that poor kid is screaming. She is still an adult.

meowbunny

I couldn't understand the kid but I did try to give the B itch the benefit of the doubt and think that maybe she wasn't his mother. Still no excuse to be that callous to anyone's sufferings, let alone a child's. I'd love to know who was taping this and how they managed to do that, especially with a kid so terrified and looking so uncomfortable.

trinityroyal

Looks like it might be a cellphone camera video. Perhaps the people in the row ahead of these 2 took the film. I wouldn't be surprised if the "cameraman" was part of the same group as the scared boy and the other passenger...

F

flutterbee

A lot of those rides have mounted cameras and you can buy pictures or video of yourself on the ride. I think if someone had been holding it, it would have jumped around a lot.

I've seen that before and it disgusts me.