Medical Flexplan Changes Coming Jan 2011

SRL

Just a heads up for those of you who use medical flexplans. Due to the new healthcare legislation, beginning in 2011 many of the OTC products currently eligible will require a prescription or physician's letter of necessity. This includes commonly used products like pain relievers and diaper rash cream. I'm sure the government is counting on an income tax boost since most people won't bother unless it's ongoing.

Good-bye tax savings. OTC weren't the biggest chunk of our flexplan, but I always include it when I budget for the yearly amount and it does add up. And what a big headache for doctor's offices. There's a sample of the list on the link and basically if it's medical supplies (ie bandages, hearing aid batteries, or contact lens solution) it's business as usual. If you ingest it, inhale it or rub it on, it will require physician authorization.

If you have babies in the house, you'd better stock up on that diaper rash cream in December.:shopping:
http://www.tasconline.com/healthcarereform/FX-4311-061510_FlexSystem_Participant_OTC_Flyer.pdf