Medical question for those in the know

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Non medical term : galding (mother in law's term for it)

If that's what it is........and since I can't see it I can't be certain........It's a fairly common thing. husband and Travis are rather prone to it. Keep it clean......and apply Johnson and Johnson's baby cream. Not lotion. CREAM.

Caused by the dampness (sweat in crease of leg/groin) and clothes rubbing/irritating.

Honestly, it's best to get it checked out by a doctor just in case. I'm not even sure they sell the johnson baby cream anymore........I've got a stash I won't part with cuz I haven't been able to find it. Thicker than lotion, does a fantastic job of clearing it up.

flutterby

Fly away!
My stepfather is prone to this and I *think* he uses talc in that area to keep it from happening again (after he got it cleared up).

mstang67chic

Going Green
husband swears it's not jock itch. Says he's had it and that's not it. As for "heat" rash type things....I've never seen him get anything like this in the 16 years we've been together. That would be something I would have expected when he worked at Rent-a-Center and was always sweating from delivering and picking up furniture. Plus it's not actually in the crease of his leg. I'm still leaning towards some sort of yeast thing but I'll see what the doctor says tomorrow. Thanks for all of the info and suggestions!

Oh and Daisy? I have a picture if you'd like to see! LOL

KTMom91

I asked Hubby - who did NOT want to see the picture, by the way - and he said poison oak.

If it's not a heat rash, could he have been bitten by an insect? I almost said "bitten by something," but that would just open up a whole new round of dangerous conversation.

DammitJanet

You say it doesnt itch...but does it hurt? When I have had it when it gets to the raised, red welt stage that is oozing....it hurts. It also smells like..well...like...ummm....dead fish. (I could say smells like something else we all know I was trying to be too diplomatic to say!)

mstang67chic

Going Green
I asked Hubby - who did NOT want to see the picture, by the way - and he said poison oak.

If it's not a heat rash, could he have been bitten by an insect? I almost said "bitten by something," but that would just open up a whole new round of dangerous conversation.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Stang no picture is necessary. lol

Hmmmm. No itch makes me think galding. It doesn't really itch, burns sort of though. My guys seem to get it once in a while......dress pants are mostly the culprit around here. I think it's the cut of the pants more than anything.

Might be insect bite.......most of those tend to itch though.

Be interesting to see what doctor has to say. Could never get my guys to go to doctor for their galding cuz the Johonsons baby cream cleared it up. So have never found out an "official" name. lol