Medical question

Kathy813

Staff member
husband had routine bloodwork done today for his physical. They drew the blood at 11:00 this morning. He just showed me the injection site which is now a raised red area (looks like a rash) that he says burns to the touch.

Does anyone know what this is? What should we put on it? He will call the doctor in the morning but wants some relief tonight.

Thanks!

~Kathy

Last edited:

tiredmommy

Did you mean injection site? If so, was it covered with a bandage and surgical tape? He may want to request they use only paper tape on his wounds, etc going forward and be mindful of a future allergic reactions when dealing with adhesives. He might want to take a benadryl or use benadryl cream, or possibly use calamine lotion. He would want to call the dr tonight if there seems to be significant swelling or if he is already at increased risk for anaphylaxis.

Kathy813

Staff member
Yes, I meant injection site and yes it was covered with a bandage and tape.

I think you are right that he is having an allergic reaction. Thanks, TM.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like an allergic reaction. When he as blood work done again ask if they can use the sticky gauze instead. (it sticks to itself, not to your skin...and I cant recall it's actual name)

I'm allergic to latex and adhesive. Lucky me.