MEDICATIONS FOR SLEEPING

ME & THE BOYS

Hello there,

I am on cipralex/lexapro for depression/stress and also on ativan for sleep (I DON'T SLEEP WELL.) The ativan doesn't seem to be helping.

Is there any prescription medications you have taken to help you sleep THROUGHT THE NIGHT and do not make you feel tired through the day?

Thanks.

witzend

I take Lunesta when I am ready for bed. In about 1/2 hour I am usually asleep and usually sleep through the night. I have never slept well since I was a small child. I know now that at least a part of the problem is that my eyes don't close when I sleep, so I never really learned to "just close my eyes and go to sleep". Every time I relax, my eyes open, not close. Now that I am in my late 40's, it's just not anything I will ever learn, I think. But the Lunesta seems to do the trick most nights.

F

flutterbee

All prescription sleeping medications I've taken have left me with a hangover the next day (even if they didn't help me sleep), but I tend to be more sensitive to medications than most. However, melatonin works very well for me and no hangover. It's not prescription.