meditation

Jena

good morning

I got to thinking because of that really deep post i began with the i feel like my family steps all over me lol i got to thinking.....

anyone here do meditation? I have for years on and off. as of late i haven't done it. I can feel the difference also.

It's really really good, takes work to do it and master it yet once you do it's probably one of the best things you can do for yourself.

I did it today for the first time in a long time, and it wans't for long because i'm out of practice and have a problem quieting my mind. it's ticking away as of late.

yet if you haven't you should, go to the library get a book out on it and begin. You know we relax every other muscle in our body, we sleep at night to recharge ourselves and let our bodies repair itself yet the brain muscle the most over used one of them all especially for us with our kids we dont' rest.

when you take that time first thing in the morning to clear your mind it really does start your day a better way, calmer, more focused. it is really hard to do though lol. i am telling you today i sat there and must of looked at clock twice within ten minutes.

anyway with the craziness we all have, holidays coming up, it's just something i wanted to throw out there. a way to take that break, get recentered and re balanced.

i think alot in our lives requires balance. yea yea i know practice what i preach i haven't done squat for me and yea clearly its showing. i've come to learn life is a balancing act, i'm way outta wack as of late! :)

Mattsmom277

I've never been able to master meditation. I envy those of you who are able to silence all that busy thought going on and just Be.

Glad to hear you taking the time to do this for yourself. Sounds like you benefited in the past, so keep it up :)

Jena

let me tell you, you would laugh if you were a fly on the wall in my rm when i'm in the "deep meditative position" and opening my eyes every min. to check the time. it's probably going to take a while to get it again. it's not easy at all. it took me forever to grasp it, took out books would get so frustrated yet when you do and anyone really can i cant' explain what it's like. sort of like detatching your brain for a while, make sense?

Jena

counts as doing something healthy for you! go get a library book on it, it's fascinating stuff. seriously. for a while i was all about meditating, the balance, inner core energy, cleansing the soul, herbals.......... than i got busy and forgot about me lol.

i day dream sometimes i'd won lotto, how i'd change so many lives the things i would do to benefit the poor, homeless animals, the list goes on and on. than i go swipe my ticket at the store and guy says sorry not this time! :) oh yea and the house i'd buy us, and the 24/7 therapist that would live in it with us LOL

H

HaoZi

Nah, the therapist gets a guest house on the property. We all need some privacy. ;)