Meet the New Family Member

DammitJanet

Have you considered canned food? I bought my girls a case -24 pack- of puppy Chicken Soup for the Soul canned dog food. I mix it with kibble and they devour it. When mama first left I was only feeding the canned food. Now they are so spoiled if I dont mix the canned in, they will turn their nose up at it. LOL. I intend to keep up the canned food for the entire first year because it is so good for them. Billy says it smells but to me, it smells better than spam. It is actually edible for humans so I have a can put up in case Buck comes over and I can make a dish for him...lmao.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I have a ticking wind up clock.....so far, she's ok without it.

Janet, I think that's what I"m going to do while I transition her to the name brand puppy food. Previous owner might have been giving canned.......and when I saw it I assumed it was moistened dry. Either way, canned mixed in with entice her to eat more at one time. I can gradually wean her off the can. I'll pick it up when I go out for the other things I need.

I'll be glad when she's big enough not to get under/behind things. I forgot that part. LOL and I have plenty for her to get under/behind.........but at least I can move them out to get to her.

Grandkids all played with her today. I have to teach the boys that she tires quickly and naps often. Aubrey already has this down and does ok with it. Brandon is in love, totally, as is Aubrey. Darrin wants her to run and play........he's going to have to wait a bit. And Connor and Oliver enjoy petting her a bit and they're done. lol Travis is even enjoying her.

DammitJanet

Tony still thinks Im an idiot for ordering dog food online and paying the price I do but I dont care. I have made a concession that if he doesnt complain that I buy the expensive canned food, I will buy the less expensive beneful for the dry.

Oh heavens! I left them inside too long unattended. They unplugged the router. LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh heavens! I left them inside too long unattended. They unplugged the router. LOL

:rofl:

That's ok. Maggie slipped off and some how managed a poo accident right on the flap of a cardboard box! Aubrey came and told me, I was like wth?? lol Well, technically, that's not the floor. :rofl:

donna723

Janet, Beneful is still pretty expensive food and nutrition-wise it's pure crappola! Beneful is basically just ground corn, pressed in to cutsie shapes, then sprayed with artificial colors and flavorings. Dogs can't even digest corn and it just passes right through them, creating massive poops and giving no nutritional benefits. And many dogs are allergic to corn and will have digestive upsets and skin problems. When rating nutritional values, on a scale from "1" to "5" ("5" being the highest) Beneful is a "1", only because there is no rating lower than that! For the same price you pay for Beneful, you can buy them a much better dry food. You might try Taste of the Wild from the Tractor Supply store, or their store brand which is amost the same thing as TOTW. Check this out:

www.dogfoodanalysis.com

DammitJanet

Yeah...bull dogs CHEW! They have attacked socks, my shoes, any papers or trash on the floor, tp rolls, their toys are already destroyed. I didnt think they were big enough to destroy them yet. Oh well...on to stronger toys. I bought some duck jerky made by the AKC and they devour it in less than a minute.