meeting with lawyer tomorrow

zaftigmama

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

I'm really nervous about what she has to say...and even more nervous about how we're going to pay for her...and nervous about doing battle with the SD. But homeschooling isn't working for us and I don't want them to go back to their old programs, so lawyer it is. Bug's old school (Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) specific) will take him back and I think I've found a good program for Brownie. Now the trick is getting the SD to pay for it...ah ha...

T

TeDo

Do you have a complete list of all the accommodations you provide at home that work written down? That would be a good start. YOU know what helps and what doesn't. If the school district can't provide all of them, they need to place them somewhere that can. Make sure to let them know that if they insist they go there, let them know you will FIGHT them to get ALL the accommodations they need. Who knows, it might work???

Good luck. If the lawyer is good, in will be worth it. I hope??? Let us know how it goes.

buddy

I hope you get a pit bull like I got. I would be up a creek if I didn't get the state disability law center to represent us (legal aid). I hope you find like I am finding that even if it is hard, it does get things moving faster.