Melatonin anyone??

M

missy7222

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone gives their kids melatonin to help with going to sleep?

Both my girls have a hard time settling down at night and getting to sleep so my pediatrician suggested melatonin, I immediately went to the drug store LOL.

It has helped ALOT, but sometimes I feel guilty "medicating" them every night.

Thoughts?

Mom2oddson

daughter's doctor recommended Melatonin two years ago. It really helped daughter sleep at night and it doesn't interfere with her BiPolar (BP) medications. Now that she is older, she takes them when she needs to.

crazymama30

yep, difficult child takes it on all school nights. We compromised and gave him weekends off as otherwise he becomes very medication resistant and tries to hide them as he cannot stay up at night.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm an adult and BiPolar (BP) as is my sister. She uses it with great success. I find it makes the depression end of things worse.

I think like anything else it's a case of individual reactions being just that.

jannie

trying to survive....
It works wonders in my house. difficult child 2 has been taking it for about 1 1/2 years...He takes about 1 mg.

Nancy

Love it here too, it has helped both difficult child and easy child. It's been recommended by several different doctors over the years, it's natural hormone that we all produce, but some of us don't produce enough. As we get older we produce less melatonin also and that's why many elderly people seem to get so little sleep.

Nancy