Meltdown free Christmas!!!

TerryJ2

We had a wonderful trip to Sunny So. Calif. with-family and there were no meltdowns. husband woke difficult child ea a.m. to give him his Adderal and only had problems the last a.m., when we had to be at the airport at 6:30 a.m. and lv the house at 6 ... difficult child was dead to the world and he gets mean when you wake him. Luckily he was surrounded by cousins in cots and sleeping bags, and peer pressure helped a bit.
difficult child played Wii for the 1st time and of course now is very addicted. :smirk:
One day he fought with-one of his cousins (left a bite mark on his arm) but the cousin was at least as bratty and kind of deserved it (don't repeat that!). For the most part it was a stress-free holiday. difficult child wet the bed twice but my s-i-l got smart and used a machine washable sleeping bag with-a pad for him.
Unfortunately, no one understands the wheat/dairy issue and it all fell apart. We have come to expect that over the holidays.

One tip for you all--KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid): difficult child called me on my cell to ask if he could have ice cream in Balboa. He was at the choc covered banana place. Anyone who has been there knows that is the main thing to do there, but he wanted ice cream. I said, "No, I don't think it's a good idea to have ice cream. Your diet has been really bad all week. You can have a chocolate covered banana."
I thanked him for calling me.
He hung up and ordered ice cream. :frown:
He insisted I had told him he could. :shocked:
When he got back to the house, we repeated the ice cream conversation, and, I kid you not, all he heard was "ice cream" and that meant "Yes." :wink:
You think I'd learn! Next time, no explanation. Just "NO."

But hey, he called to ask, LOL!!!! :smile:

<span style="color: #FF0000">Happy New Year!!!</span>

Fran

Former desparate mom
:bravo: for having a positive holiday experience with family.
I did laugh out loud about asking about ice cream and doing it anyways. I have a easy child who did that at 18. Asked for my input which I gave. He did the absolute opposite to my suggestion. You got to love independent thinkers. Not likely to follow the herd.
Very frustrating to live with though.

Welcome back and happy new year.

klmno

difficult child and I are in Va- why weren't we invited along on this vacation??

LOL

Glad everyone had fun and all went well!

Star*

call 911........call 911
BRATTY NEPHEW DESERVED TO BE BITTEN - news at 11:00 lol.

I gotcha! :slap:

I'm glad you were able to have your family and enjoy the holiday even if it DID have ice cream in it! CHOCOLATE COVERED BANANAS? Hmmmm something new for breakfast!

HAPPY DAY FOR YOU - YOU DESERVED IT!!!!

LittleDudesMom

Glad you all had a great holiday! It definately is a memory-maker when our difficult children hold it together on these special days.

Sharon

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
MMMM... Chocolate.... MMMM... Bananas... Mixed even better!!! For breakfast awesome!!! With my Coffee!!! My day is made...

I am glad your trip went well...

TerryJ2

News at 11. Ohhhh, yeaaaaaaaaaaaah! :smile:

difficult child spent the night at a wild friend's house last night. I promised he could have one sleepover during the holidays. This was it (not incl. Calif). I hope he's gotten some sleep. It makes all the diff in the world.

tammyjh

YAY! Meldown free!! Yahoo :bravo:

About the ice cream conversation, love the selective hearing on difficult child's part :rofl:

TerryJ2

Well, the overnight went well. He took his medications. And, I dropped off rice milk and organic cereal for breakfast. I figured that way, even if the parents didn't give it to him, it would give them a visual reminder that he has allergies.
He's been behaving very well lately. Of course, he's on vacation and playing 24/7 ...

TerryJ2

Well, the overnight went well. He took his medications. And, I dropped off rice milk and organic cereal for breakfast. I figured that way, even if the parents didn't give it to him, it would give them a visual reminder that he has allergies.
He's been behaving very well lately. Of course, he's on vacation and playing 24/7 ...