Meltdown free for 2 weeks

F

flutterbee

After months of daily meltdowns/rages, difficult child has been meltdown free for almost 2 weeks now. I have been home for the last 2 weeks and this week is Spring Break which explains a lot, but I am really enjoying it. We did have a pretty major episode the morning of the 21st and a minor episode the morning of the 22nd - both school anxiety related - but other than that things have been for the most part quiet.

It's so nice to be able to enjoy the time we spend together. Sometimes, in times like these, I start to forget and even let myself think that somehow the GFGness has magically disappeared. I'm going to enjoy every minute.

On_Call

Two weeks is awesome! I hope you do enjoy it!! :smile:

I know that feeling - the one where it is actually fun to be around your difficult child. Ours will go through (short) phases of time where he can laugh at himself, where his frustration tolerance level seems a bit bigger and the world in general seems to be going his way. It feels so great that it's a bit strange. We get glimpses of who our difficult child really is - underneath it all - and I have learned, too, to attempt to enjoy it for what it is and try to stay in that moment as long as possible - not knowing what the next day/moment might bring.

Here's hoping your meltdown-free period keeps on keeping on!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> enjoy the peace....hope it lasts for awhile.

kris
</span> </span> </span>