Member check-in

Nancy

It's so nice to read everyone's updates. My daughter is living with her boyfriend and has his seven year old daughter every other week. She has had a couple different jobs the past two years and just recently started a new job at a trust company inputting transfers. She loves it and is doing well. I'm not thrilled with her living arrangements, boyfriend is a loser and drinks all the time. Hoping she gets smart and leaves him. She drinks too much also but manages to keep it under control and is very responsible. She's come a long way.

Older daughter started her fifth year teaching and last year got a job in a school district an hour away. I miss seeing her as we did so much together when she lived close by. But she found her soulmate, a fellow teacher, and they are planning on getting married next summer.

I took both girls to San Francisco in April and enjoyed the trip except for the fighting between the two. Decided that's the last trip we take together for a long long time. There were parts that were great and memorable and others that I forgot already lol.

Me, I got a new puppy after my 15 year old shih tzu crossed the rainbow bridge in November. I'm loving every minute of being a new mommy. Wish hubby would think about retiring but not in the cards right now.

nlj

Hello

Nothing's changed with my son, but the way I'm dealing with it has completely changed since I first desperately posted on here a few years ago.

I think I'm happy.

I accept his lifestyle and even embrace it sometimes. We laugh together sometimes. I'm not ashamed or embarassed about his life choices any more. I tell people with a smile on my face if they ask what he's doing these days.

H is still waiting for my son to 'grow up' and escape from his dystopian fantasy-life, but I think in a way he's far more grown-up than my other children.

Lucy J
x