Menopausal breast pain...Ow!!!

BusynMember

Anyone have this? I called the doctor (a breast surgeon) and was told that it is normal unless there is a lump or discharge. I don't feel any lumps and had a mammo a few months ago (normal). There is no discharge. It just aches.

If you had this symptom, what did you do for it? I think it may orginate in my back or under my arm because I have to do a lot of heavy lifting and mostly use that stronger side of my body (I am righthanded) and frankly I am always sore (I have osteoarthritis in my spine). But I never felt it radiating to my boob before...lol.

M

ML

I went through menopause so long ago (42) that I almost don't remember. Almost. I absolutely had pain but it was like you feel right before your cycle. The pain you describe sounds much worse than what I remember. I hope it goes away quickly!

P

PatriotsGirl

I am 37 and have recently felt flaring pain - like a searing pain in my breasts once in a while. Had no clue what it was....I seriously wonder if I am perimenapausal....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You can alternate between warm wet cloths and cold ones. Usually depends on the person which one works best. Cold doesnt' relieve pain for me, it tends to make it worse. Heat, however, especially moist heat does.

I didn't have that but a teeny bit of tenderness. I had the rest tenfold I think, especially the PMS from hades. ugh

flutterby

Fly away!
I get it off and on and I can't stand for anything to touch my breasts....but no one wants to see me go naked, either. I haven't found anything to help it other than letting it run it's course. Mine is more like the breast pain you get when you are in early pregnancy. Much more pronounced the pms breast pain.

BusynMember

Thanks, all. I really think this is starting in my back and just radiating to my breast. However, I notice it more in my breast. If it doesn't get better I'm going to the doctor just to make sure. But I really don't feel any lumps, just tenderness.

busywend

My friend had this and her doctor told her to start taking a vitamin and pain was gone! She takes it every day now. I can not recall what it was, but I will text her a little while to see and let you know.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have had it over the course of the past year. I finally saw my Dr after my mammo (everything checked out, although I have extremely dense breasts so they following up with an ultrasound to be sure). Anyway, Dr said to cut back on caffiene and chocolate - I did and the pain went away. Also, following this pain, my periods have started to wane, which I am so thankful for - finally! Im 48 and it's about time!