Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays!

klmno

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday experience whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanakkuh, only New Year's or "other". Members here have been a Godsend to me, no matter how you choose to view a Higher Power, or not. So now that my life appears to be on a better upswing, I want to say thank you to everyone and happy holidays and I am sending many thoughts and prayers for all of you to have a peaceful holiday season with a better year ahead!

klmno

Hugs back to you, Star! I wish I could have committed to the card list but I was reluctant to this year because my schedule and finances seemed to be so up in the air. Still, my heart and thoughts go out to all members here and I really do appreciate any support I have been given thru difficult child'dom- which I'm sure hasn't ended yet. But you know, I still love him, too.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Merry Christmas!!! As you can see it's 12:40 am and I'm still up regardless of having 2 hrs of sleep. lol

And guess what? It's snowing again................sheesh

Hope everyone has a great day.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Merry Christmas, K. I am so glad things are finally lookking up for you. Hugs and love.

And Merry Christmas, all. As K said, in whatever fashion you choose to observe.

K

Kjs

Merry Christmas to all. It is snowing here too. I am at work. Working xmas eve/day. or nights. I work until 7am, then a 1.5 hour drive home. Probably longer due to the snow. Then turn around and drive back in the snow!

I am going to Trans Siberian Orchastra on Sunday.

Enjoy your day

DDD

Happy Holidays...right back at ya! Here's hoping that there will be some cheer for all..even if it isn't a Norman Rockwell year!
DDD

klmno

Hey, this is a good Christsmas so far. The ONLY bad thing is that difficult child isn't home behaving. If he was, then it would be a Norman Rockwell Christsmas in my book. I don't have all the luxeries, or even all the stuff a typical home has in it again, yet, but I slept sooooo good on my new mattress set last night. I think I like it better than the one I used to have- which was a pillow top. I only woke up once briefly during the night trying to remember if it was going to be Sat. or Sun. (meaning I needed to get up early to visit difficult child) and when I realized it was going to be Sat. and I could sleep late, I was right back out. LOL! I haven't slept that well in ...I don't know how long but well over two years.

For various reasons, I had chosen the dining room to camp out in until I got a bed and some other things. I only brought 2 small tv's with me and one is in the living room, I just moved the second one to my bedroom last night. So yesterday, I spent $110 at Wally world and got myself dishes and glasses - only a set for 4 but I had been using paper plates and plastic cups, a router so I can move my laptop out of the dining room and use it in the living room or my bedroom, and processed logs to have a fire in the fireplace (living room) tonight and over New Year's. I felt like a giggly, spoiled girl last night and this morning!

I hope all of you find something to feel giggly and spoiled about, too!

Hound Dog: I hope the grands have a great Christmas and you can enjoy what your time and efforts have given them.

Shari: I hope you are feeling better and you, Wee, and the rest of the family have a peaceful, enjoyable day.

Kjs: I'm sorry you have to drive and work so much thru the weekened. The orchestra sounds great though- I would love to see/hear them!

DDD & WO: I hope you and yours have a peaceful day, too, and find joy that lasts the whole year ahead!

Back to Star- well, I think we both wish we could have our sons with us and have a perfect holiday experience but then we have to ask ourselves what kind of experience would we really have if our sons were with us in the home right now. So I will just wish for you and Dude that everyone stays safe, you and your SO stay well and warm, and all of you have peaceful days and keep hoping and striving for a better year ahead and that our sons can manage to climb a little bit more on the ladder of maturity and responsibility!

M

ML

I am so happy to hear that (finally) things are going in a positive direction in your life. It's about time my friend. Merry/Happy/Best... ML

TerryJ2

Merry Christmas, everyone!
I love your giggly and spoiled story, Klmno. We all deserve that sometimes! :)
We're in MN. easy child went to the Mall of America yesterday with-husband. She is in heaven.
difficult child has been decent, despite grabbing wheat muffins, and stimming on war games.
Lots of snow here!!!! I love it.
Stay safe and warm ... and giggly, everyone. :choir:

klmno

Thank you, ML!

I'm glad yo hear you're all having a good time and enjoying the snow, Terry. I cleaned a little, took an extra long hot shower and am now starting laundry, then will cook a little. I hope to watch a movie in front of a fire tonght...before retiring to my comfy bed, of course. I am using a lawn chair in the living room and a large box as a table. I am now officially off the floor!

klmno

I'm thinking New Year's will be spent buying a set of silverware (I have a set for one right now), cooking out on the grill, washing and putting away some of difficult child's clothes, and a long bath with a glass (or two) of champagne.

susiestar

Roll With It
Merry Christmas to ALL!! We had a peaceful morning opening gifts. Jessie was up until about 3 am wrapping and bopping in to tell me about various things she was doing/needed. Mostly batteries. We forgot to get batteries but the season blessed up because everything needed AA and we had plenty - but were out of the AAA size! Only on Christmas does that happen, lol!!!

husband woke me up at about 5 to do the Santa gifts, and we realized we hadn't wrapped the majority of our gifts. I thought he had and he thought I had. So we wrapped them then. Instead of buying wrapping paper, I used an old Christmas magazine and tore out pages with holiday scenes. I had to tape a few together, but they looked awesome when I was done. I also used some holiday fabric and safety pins for bigger gifts.

Then the kids let us sleep until almost 8 - unprecedented "sleeping in" on Christmas, lol!! It isn't as "big" a holiday as other years, but the gifts that were there are heartfelt and bought specifically because the other person will really LIKE them. So it was all a BIG hit. I found a U Build it monopoly game for the Santa gift. I was worried because I hadn't seen or heard anything about the U Build It games, but the kids were thrilled!! Seems it was one of the hot toys this year that they didn't expect to get!

Gfgbro likely is refusing to leave my parents or has done something to upset my mother because she is "too sick" to have us come over today. I hope she feels better soon from whatever it is. We have postponed seeing her until the 27th because we will be at my inlaws tomorrow night.

Many hugs to all of you!! I got a Tinkerbell plush robe (wanted a plush robe for 2 yrs now!), a travel coffee mug that looks like a styrofoam cup but is plastic (the porcelain ones are too heavy for me, but this is awesome), a handheld shower to put in my bathroom (also much wanted) and a movie. Watching the delight on the faces of husband and my kids was wonderful. husband was almost in tears.

He and Jessie would cuddle up and watch Touched by an Angel when she was little - weeks old to 3 or 4 years old. If I wasn't working we would watch together, but usually Wiz was doing something else by his choice. So it was a special time between husband and Jess. I found a season of the show on dvd and he was so tickled. It was awesome to see!

Merry Christmas to all!

H

HaoZi

:group-hug:
This place has been a lifeline for me, I hope everyone's holiday season is wonderful as possible.