Merry Christmas. I told Two Brooms to shove it.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Teehee.
It won't make things better, but I do feel better.
I was helping difficult child make a plaster volcano when my cell phone rang this morning. It was One Broom (easy child 2's mom). Apparently, Two Brooms had just called her asking when to get easy child 2. She called me wondering if our plans had changed, as we had worked this out some time ago.
Got off the phone with her and husband's cell phone rang. He told me to answer it, as his hands were in ground beef mixing up jerky.
It was Two Brooms. She asked me what was up with easy child 2, when she's coming out there, blah blah blah. I told her we get her every Christmas Day at 3pm, we'll be out sometime, but none of us have been told when to show up.
I was biting my tongue and looked over at husband, who was looking at me and shaking his head "yes" and said "let her have it", so I did. I told her if she wants to make arrangements for easy child 2, it needs to at the very least be checked with us FIRST, we were sick of dealing with the aftermath of her meddling.
She didn't have any idea what I was talking about, so I gave specific details. I told her about the times she made arrangments to keep easy child 2 late that she's had homework. She said that's not our concern, if her mom said it was ok to stay late, its her mom's fault. I said she's failing 3 core classes, now is not the time to play the blame game. She doesn't beleive she's failing anything, cause she saw her name in the paper on the B honor roll after first trimester. I said well, yeah, that's changed.
Then she proceeded to blame me for not seeing her much anymore. I told her she knows where she's at, she can come see her. She said husband used to bring her out there all the time, now he doesn't. I said "and that's my fault how?"
I told her several times that husband had his hand in ground beef or would be on the phone, also, but that he was standing beside me hearing it all and in agreement, and she was welcome to speak with him about any and all.
Then she said she wanted easy child 2 tomorrow, and I said I'd have to check with her mom. She said she would handle it and I said ok, but she doesn't have a home phone anymore. So she asked me to ask, which I did, and was told no, her mom took off work this week to be with the kids, she's not giving the day to Two Brooms.
She was p*ssy, and we are going out there later for Christmas, I guess, and it probably won't be much fun, but I don't care. I feel better having it out, anyway. Maybe wee difficult child will be a bear and we won't stay.
Witch.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Shari

That was long in coming. And believe it or not, while she might not act like it.....two brooms will respect you because of it.

I'm sure it felt wonderful. Merry Xmas

mstang67chic

Going Green
I saw the title of the post and let out a Woo Hoo!!!! LOL

Glad you let her have it even if it doesn't change anything. I'm sure it felt good. Do a little dance and give yourself a pat on the back. Kudos to husband also!

meowbunny

I thought it's about time when I saw your title. Personally, I think you were too kind. These two need to hear from husband that they're hurting easy child 2 with their behavior. They need to act more like a mother and grandmother and less like two kids in a power play.

Hope you have a good time today regardless.

Andy

Good for you! Now, stand your ground. No meddling allowed and all plans go through a designated channel.

Sending warrior mom strength for tonight. Stick to what is best for easy child 2 regardless of what Two Brooms wants.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tsk Tsk Tsk -

Already givin yerself a present.

MERRY Christmas -

That conversation put the HOLY in it for sure huh?

Marguerite

Well done. Much needed. And yes, it might even improve things.

Well, could they be any worse? At least now she knows where she stands with you.

Marg

Jena

Shari i cant' even imagine how good that must of felt and also to have husband's backing on it!!! yea for you!!!

You go Warrior Mom!!! :)