Merry Christmas!

tiredmommy

Friends~

As the holidays are now in full swing I wish to extend my most joyous hope that we all have happy, healthy and jubilant days ahead. I know these days are often our darkest (both figuratively and literally) but we need to keep our hearts open to hope and love.

Most of us have faced struggles this year that we never imagined when we embarked on this adventure of parenting. I doubt my family would have survived without the help, support and guidance I received from the other struggling parents here. The way we step outside ourselves to help each other, to me, is in keeping with the true nature of Christmas. Thank you for the gift you have given to me and each other. May we continue to find strength and determination in the new year!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Thank you, TM - and Merry Christmas to everyone here! I, too, wouldn't have survived had I not had this board.

slsh

member since 1999
I also wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and the hope of brighter days in the future.

As I watched *all* 3 of my ambulatory kids decorate the tree this year, which was un-orchestrated chaos with Boo's encouragement :laugh:, I felt so blessed. There were so very many bleak Christmases when I leaned on the board members heavily for the strength to just get thru those days. I honestly couldn't imagine a day when my family would all be together again, happily, celebrating the holiday.

Where there is life, there is hope. One thing our difficult children are really good at is keeping us off balance. We never know when things will click (or even how long they will stay clicked), but hope is there, and I sincerely wish for you all to hold onto that hope, especially when things look their darkest.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a new year that will bring growth and progress for all our difficult children.

Sue

Wiped Out

Staff member
Very well said TM and Sue! I have to agree; the people here have been a life preserver when I needed one most. When I came here I never imagined others were going through the same thing as me. It has been great to hear of the progress that some of the older difficult children have made as it gives us hope for the future.

Merry Christmas to all! You all mean so much to me.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Merry Christmas to everyone! I too agree with TM.

I hope that those that can have a very peaceful and merry Christmas. Those that can't, I hope can find a few moments of solitude to steal for themselves to catch their breathes to make it through to the next moment to do it again. Sometimes it's only those small moments we have. Savor them, look for them, embrace them! ;)