Met difficult child's Monkey Boy last night (& difficult child's license)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
He wasn't so bad. Has horrible teeth, reeks of cigarette smoke, and has this scrubby beard thingy on his chin :devil:, but other than that, he seems pretty nice. I asked him what he did on Saturday night and he said, and I quote: "Had one too many 40 ounces." :smile:

One too many 40 ounces?? WTH? Isn't ONE 40 ounce can of beer ginormous enough? And why would he TELL me that?? :rolleyes: Another difficult child boyfriend - great.

He looks like a kitty I had when I was little. The kitty was a gray tabby, all striped and cute, stayed little even after he was grown, always looked like he was smiling and his name was Guido...haha. Anyway, Monkey Boy looks like him, it may be the scrubby beard thing, I don't know. I think if he didn't have the scrubby beard thingy, he'd look like he was 10 or 12 at the most!

Anyway, Monkey Boy sat with us all at the dinner table and ate exactly two stuffed shells with sauce even though he ate his mom's dinner before coming over...so that was a good sign. :bravo: He was quiet but conversational when spoken to, also a good sign. He laughed a lot at our conversation, another good sign, and when I checked on him and difficult child outside on the patio, he hadn't budged from his spot, so at least I know he wasn't all about pawing her. :bravo:

difficult child gets her license back today (via mail) and I told her that even though she has her license, it would be nice if she wasn't always racing out to see her friends but that they should also come over here. I told her that I liked Monkey Boy and that I'd like to get to know him a little better. She said sure...aka...when he// freezes over. :crazy: She will be up and running once that license arrives, I just know it. The upside is that I won't have to drive her to work anymore!

I asked difficult child why he would tell me about the 40 oz beers and she said that we make people feel too comfortable! :hammer:

Hahaha :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
and I quote: He looks like a kitty I had when I was little. The kitty was a gray tabby, all striped and cute, stayed little even after he was grown, always looked like he was smiling and his name was Guido...haha.

My advice: Tell Monkey boy that DF is a vet and if he steps out of line you're going to have him neutered. - And shaved that little goatee thing has to go.

susiestar

Roll With It
Star, you tell it like it is!!! I can't wait until my very curvy daughter has a boyfriend, NOT. Knowing her she will bring them ALL here to bug me. Knowing me I will only threaten to neuter most of htem. Will forget with the most dangerous of them. Then the boyfriend will get a surprise neutering!!!

TG my daughter thinks boys are "icky and gross". That is a direct quote!! Yippeeee!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Loan_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My advice: Tell Monkey boy that DF is a vet and if he steps out of line you're going to have him neutered. - And shaved that little goatee thing has to go. </div></div>

Haha - I think exh may have already threatened Monkey Boy over the phone back when difficult child first went to live with him! Hahaha :rofl:

difficult child said she wishes he would shave his scrubby beard too, but when she asked him he refused. Apparently, he's very proud of the eleven of so hairs growing out of his chinny chin chin! :devil:

KFld

I can't believe he would tell you he drank to many beers as soon as he meets you. Didn't his parents teach him anything????? I don't care how comfortable you make people feel, that is a little bizarre.

Sounds like someone you need to keep some close tabs on, not that it will make a difference.

busywend

Ugh! Too many forties?!?!?

Annoying. But, he is of the age to annoy.

Hoepfully, she will lose interest soon!

Steely

A kitty you once had!!!! LOL! I think you just described my ex when I first met him! Now he is something else entirely, but that is another story. And I am pretty sure he would have said something as hairbrained as he had "one too many last night" to my parents. (They soooo loved him - not!)

Tell difficult child to be careful........those scruffy kitties grow up to be just that...........feral, lost, stray cats that only come around for food. Sigh......I hope she sees the light soon! Hang in there!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: busywend</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ugh! Hoepfully, she will lose interest soon! </div></div>

One can only hope. I keep hoping he does something stupid, :future: hahaha.

She looks at him with stars in her eyes! You know, that sappy, blinkity blink look of love?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeepingWillow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...those scruffy kitties grow up to be just that...........feral, lost, stray cats that only come around for food. Sigh......I hope she sees the light soon! Hang in there! </div></div>

He kind of reminds me of my exh :slap:...I kinda sorta told difficult child that this morning and she groaned. :rolleyes:

TerryJ2

My advice: Tell Monkey boy that DF is a vet and if he steps out of line you're going to have him neutered. - And shaved that little goatee thing has to go.

OMG! Too funny. :rofl:

Sigh. Good luck. :rolleyes:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Guido the Monkey Boy swinging from a tree, pounding 40oz'ers!!! NICE!!!

Headline: Half Kitty Half Monkey Boy!!! It's Guido!!! and he lives on 40 oz'ers

You are giving me way too much ammo for my girls when and if they evet date!!!

You are a trooper...

F

flutterbee

One too many 40 ouncers? :faint:

At least he was respectful to you. Shows he has respect for difficult child. It's a start.

Jo and everyone,

Thanks for the laughs:rofl:!!! A great way to begin the day :rofl:!!!

With easy child being 13,:surprise::nonono::smile:I guess I have this to look forward to - I don't think I'm ready!!! Then again, are we ever ready??? WFEN

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
As we were going to sleep last night...

H asked me, "Where is difficult child?" and...

I mumbled into my pillow, "With MonkeyBoy" and...

A then we heard easy child laughing her bu.typical teen off next door.

She came in our room and said we were awful people.

Hahahaha :rofl: