Michael Buble

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, I'm probably one of the last people on earth to find out about this guy, but I'm am just really enjoying his voice and music! :D I bought and downloaded his latest album for myself off Amazon over the holidays. He reminds me of a blend between Sinatra and Neil Sedaka. Whatever. It's just nice to have something fun and indulgent to listen to.

Marguerite

I love his music, he's got a fabulous voice and a great presentation. A bloke at my writing group brought in a stack of CDs he'd pirated, of Bublé's. He insisted we all take one so we could listen to this marvellous singer. I immediately loaded it onto my computer and fell in love with the music - I've since used a couple of the tracks when I present a writing workshop (the poetry in the words is very effective and efficient, no wasted words).

Then I went out and bought my own copy of the CD, so this marvellous artist would not be done out of his rightful royalties.

We've loaded the CD onto the iPod and four years ago when we went to Tasmania (this was soon after I was given the pirate CD) we were listening to the music as we drove around the Apple Isle - a lovely setting.

I can hear the touch of Sinatra in the music, but I'm not a Sinatra fan. I like the early Sinatra stuff, but some of t he style in his later stuff I don't like so much, it feels to me to be too much performing by numbers.

I feel Harry Connick Jnr is a lot like early Sinatra in style; I love his stuff too.

Sis-in-law's husband is a Sinatra fan, plus he is a radio DJ on a small community radio station. So I dig out NEW artists who I feel would appeal to him. I've introduced him to Bublé, to Harry Connick Jnr, and also to Norah Jones. Yes, she's a girl (and a very pretty one!) but I love her smoky sound. Diana Krall is another, she's next on the list for me to buy for brother in law!

Marg

Abbey

Spork Queen
He is awesome. I have a DVD of one of his concerts and watch it all the time. He doesn't just have a perfect voice, but is quite the entertainer. I highly suggest the DVD.

FYI - he hates doing that kind of music but knows what sells. His passion is alternative rock. Many times he has famous alt rock band members play with him in concert.

Abbey

Lothlorien

He was on Fox news last week with Glenn Beck for an entire hour. He seems like a really genuine guy....funny and humble. I really like him and his music too.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
easy child, difficult child and I all love him and have his music on our iPods!! Love his style and I especially love that sometimes when he's singing, it sounds like he's smiling - he has passion. I also like that he doesn't just pump out new drivel every year. He takes his time and produces some really nice sound. He reminds me a bit of Harry Connick Jr, but I think his original stuff has it's own flavor. The only time he reminds me of Sinatra is when he put out that oldies cd, which was awesome, but I really don't like that stuff all that much either.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Marg, I love Nora Jones, too :) husband and I got to see Diana Krall perform here at a local venue a few years ago -- relatively smallish theater, so we could still see her without binoculars from the last row. She was an absolute delight!

I agree that he channels Sinatra mainly when he's performing the "oldies". His own material is really wonderful. I would LOVE to see him live, but his Spring 2010 tour appears to be sold out, and I'm just not able to pay scalper prices right now. Some day...

I made the mistake of listening to him last night before turning in, and I could NOT turn off my head the entire night!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have all his music in my computer for my Mom.....and as a HUGE Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett fan? Ahhhhhhh sing away. ;)