Middle Aged Woman

N

Nomad

Perimenopause or in menopause?
Funny...slightly "off color"
You Tube
on the subject:redface::D:sweating:
p.s. I'm trying to just post the link, but the screen seems to appear???? (Trying to fix).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1TVOXdNkFo&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1TVO...eature=related[/ame]

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
If this is middle aged, then I will live to be over 100.........and here I thought I was the only one.......

Abbey

Spork Queen
That was too darn funny. In 2 days I'll be 47. Ugh.

I still can't figure out how to paste a YouTube video into a post.

Abbey

Coookie

OMG.. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I could relate to almost all of it. Except the sneezing/wetting part. But we all have to have something to look forward too.... right..:9-07tears: :)

p.s. Abbey, you are just a baby... :)

scent of cedar

Hey!

I have smilies, today! :D

Remember when common wisdom used to be that only those with unresolved mental or emotional problems experienced difficulties with either their periods or their menopause? (Other than an understandable, to the male dominated medical profession, grief at not being able to bear children anymore, that is.)

As I have gone bouncing from pillar to post during these last few years of my own menopause, I have been so grateful to know that what was happening to me was pretty much happening to everyone else, too.

I was normal.

For those of us still struggling, know that the emotional lability, the bloating and cravings and weight gain ~ all of it passes.

I am still having problems with hot flashes and insomnia, but I feel so much better now than I have in years!

So, hang in there, everyone.

Like they say, this too shall pass....

Barbara

P.S. I love that menopause fan. What a great idea!

scent of cedar

I just wanted to add that we are not to think of ourselves as middle aged, but as women "of a certain age".

Also that, rather than look into our mirrors and rail at fate for all the changes we see there, we are to say: "My, but you are a gorgeous old thing."

If you do these things?

You will be surprised to learn the OTHER ways you are describing yourselves to yourselves, now. Those phrases ~ usually not very kind phrases, either ~ will be what come to mind when we make positive comments to ourselves about who and how we are, today.

We can be so mean to ourselves without even knowing we are doing it.

That is why the above exercises are important.

Barbara

KTMom91

I can relate...even with the sneezing/wetting thing...but I wish I had no idea what you're talking about...

N

Nomad

I'm glad you guys like it! I can relate to most of it. And the humor is GREAT!!!! The hot flashes are making me buggy. :whiteflag: However, there are some things about this age I'm realllly liking. I'm learning to have real fun...maybe for the first time. (Having a sense of humor helps a LOT!)