Midwestmom....how did the home date go?

BusynMember

Smooth :) He is very nice boy with good manners and respect. I teased him a little (Jumper told me what to say to him) and he would blush. Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better first boyfriend for Jumper. In fact, this is the kind of boy you want your daughter to meet when she is old enough to marry...lol. She told me later, "I didn't go out before because I have very high standards."
Apparently so...lol. This is a treat about my drug using daughter. In her teens, she brought home boys that SCARED me who had names like Dice (cough). My two girls are very different. Jumper respects herself and Pastry Chef really did not respect herself or feel she deserved nice friends until she was into her twenties.
Since Jumpers boyfriend J. lives in another town and works two jobs plus the farm he can't see her too often and that is also a perk.

Malika

That is good to hear MWM. Wasn't it not long ago that you were worrying a little because she didn't seem interested in boys? :)

BusynMember

Well, she told me her standards are high...lol. She likes the boys at her school but c alls them "immature." She also would not put up with a boy who groped her...he'd probably end up on the floor. Seriously, though, if a boy won't promise to respect her, and act on that promise, she would rather NOT date. She is not interested in sex before marriage at this time (I hope this lasts until she is at least eighteen). She isn't the type of girl who NEEDS a boyfriend to be complete nor is she boy crazy. She is very calm in this relationship. Trust me, since Pastry Chef was a drama queen and almost suicidal every time she broke up with a boy, this is a nice contrast. Even now, if Pastry Chef has a fight with her boyfriend, (and it's usually over something stupid) she calls me up hysterical and I have to calm her down and remind her that this is not the end of the world and that it's not true that "this can only happen to me." Pastry Chef is getting a lot better, but her temperament is more what made her a difficult child. Jumper takes one day at a time.
Mom worries about both :)