Might Be Some Good (Job) News for T

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Okay, I've about had it with using the initials so am inserting his name instead. lol (he doesn't care anyway)

Travis went to wallie world to beg for his job back due to the advice of the sw at the agency that helped him get it in the first place. She told him he needed to do some serious a ss kissing. lmao

He kept getting bumped up the chain of command til he wound up in the store managers office. Store manager told Travis, while looking at his employee file, that he is eligable for rehire and even has at least one manager asking for him specifically. He is to come back on friday when that manager will be in and the matter will be discussed further. He has a valid application in, but I haven't a clue if they're going to make him go thru the whole interview process again. (I hope not, it takes forever)

While Travis quit without notice, he was one of their best cashiers and one of their most dependable. When we go into the store to shop employees and managers alike ask when he's coming back, or if he'll come back. I'm hoping this will work in his favor.

It has finally sunk into the boy that he has to have a job, even if it's one he doesn't like, to participate in the adult world. He misses his friends there, he misses having something to do that has a purpose, and he misses having money to spend on things he needs and wants. husband and I give him NO money, nor do we buy anything for him. lol All he gets here is room/board period.

Crossed body parts and prayers, rubbing good luck charms all will be appreciated. :smile:

Oh, what good news, Lisa!

Travis must feel validated, too. Whatever it might have felt like when he was there, it looks like they realized they appreciated him after he left.

I hope this works out for him. :smile:

Barbara

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #6600CC"> this sounds so positive, lisa. since he's already worked his way up the chain of command it sounds like he just has to talk to the one other guy.....possibly the guy who would be his direct manager?

hoping it all goes smoothly.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

KFld

I hope they give him that second chance. It would be nice for him to know that people do give second chances sometimes.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yes, I'm hoping since he talked to the store manager that it is just a matter of talking with this other one. I'd be thrilled if this other one is for electronics, Travis has wanted to work in that dept since he started there.

Customers also really liked Travis, too. Most especially the elderly who he always goes out of his way to help. And electronics would often call Travis at the register to help customers back there or ask questions about computers they couldn't answer. If he happened to be on lunch or break it wasn't unusual to find him in that dept helping customers, or in other depts doing the same.

The only conflicts he had were they were determined to make him bring in carts and transportation. The latter being why he quit. Travis had forgotten we have a taxi in town. (now there are 3) And hated asking easy child and sister in law for rides when husband and I weren't able to take him. Now that both easy child and sister in law have chewed him out for not asking, I don't think that will be a problem again. lol

K

Kjs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KFld</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope they give him that second chance. It would be nice for him to know that people do give second chances sometimes. </div></div>

I can't stress this enough. So many kids today just don't believe in this. People work very hard to change, others need to give another chance. Sure hope it works out. It sure feels good to be needed, wanted.

Sunlight

I love his name! funnt but I call ant "ant" sometimes and mostly Tony. Tony makes everyone else other than family call him ANTHONY.

I am so proud of Travis for going back and asking for his job back!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Suz

We won't know for sure til friday when he meets with the other manager. But at this point it is looking like a good possiblity.

Sue C

I am so happy that Travis realized he does need a job and that he has humbled himself to ask for his old job back. That would be great if they take him back without having to interview again and if he could work in electronics.

Melissa is also one who quits jobs without notice. She is still looking for another job. She is being too picky. We will not give her a cent. I told her I saw an ad on the 'net today for a bank teller. She wasn't interested in that kind of job before, but this time she drove right over and picked up the application. She filled it out at home and is returning it tomorrow. Only thing I'm wondering is if a bank will hire someone with 2 disorderly conduct tickets on their record???

Let us know about Travis.
Sue

slsh

member since 1999
Fingers crossed here, Lisa! I think it's fantastic he was able to go back and ask for a second chance - I would think that would be hard to do!!

Jen

Hope all goes well. A little stress and sweating on his part not all bad.

I alwys thought for thje longes time that Wally world was a fictious amusemnt part for Chevy Chases movie , then found out it wasnt.

Jen

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We won't know for sure til friday when he meets with the other manager. </div></div>

Lisa, I was thinking of Travis today. I hope his meeting went well and that he is on their books again. Fingers crossed!

Suz