Might have been a tad too blunt

DammitJanet

Well...that sounds like a promising plan JJJ. Helpful goals, learning to budget, ideas for how to do simple homemaking skills.

Do they teach her basic skills such as how to use a washing machine and a stove? How to cook simple meals?

I know when I was in my rehab for the meningitis I had to show them I could make a simple food product before I could leave. I really botched it but they passed me anyway because they knew I would have people at home with me. I tried to make ramen noodles and messed them up...lol. Can you imagine...lmao. Sigh. Yes I was pathetic back then.

I think she should work on skills for how to budget for how much to spend on food considering she will get x amount of food stamps but Im sure she will think they are a fortune. She should get a newspaper and figure out how much food costs in reality and put together menus and how much she really eats and then figure out how much food stamps it will take to really feed her. Let her see it in black and white before she gets out in the real world.

JJJ

She has already met some independent living goals. I taught her to cook when she was still at home. She liked the control of what she ate. Residential Treatment Center (RTC)-M taught her all of the household skills and improved her cooking skills. She can do laundry, vacuum, dishes, cook, etc. She needs help with long term budgeting (she's very likely to spend her rent on shoes), using public transportation and making safe choices.

M

ML

I comletely agree. It is the reality this is harsh and blunt; you're merely expressing what is.

seriously

What is the point or possible therapeutic benefit to you being dishonest about you and your family's feelings and position on reunification?

None that I can see.

So you were just doing what you should do - tell the therapist what's really going on and how you are really feeling. And if she's a good therapist she will accept that reality and work with it.

But it is probably "policy" for her to put reunification on the agenda.