DDD

Just thought I'd let you know that I am thinking of you and your
family and hoping that your Board absence if because things are
going well and you all are still hopeful that the new study will
help your difficult child.

I am sending caring thoughts up North to you guys. DDD

mstang67chic

Going Green
Was wondering about that myself and about how things are going with the family and McWeedy. (Love your humor by the way! Amazing how twisted your sense of humor gets when you have difficult child's isn't it??)

Please update when you can.

Mikey

Psycho Gorilla Dad
Yep, we go in tomorrow for the initial intake. So far, McWeedy still seems on board (even though he still claims it's for the money). We'll see.

The reason I've been absent is that I went to a family wedding in BayouLand over the weekend. After moving around for so long, I got used to "family" meaning my immediate family only.

Even though I didn't know most of the people there, they all seemed to recognize me - and I was "family", so it didn't matter. The trip restored someting that I'd been missing for a long time, which is the larger sense of family that extends beyond your SO and kids.

But I'm back now, tired but feeling better. And we'll see what the next few days bring for my wonderful difficult child.

Thanks for asking.

Mikey

rejectedmom

Glad you got a break and were able to reconnect with your extended family. I hope your difficult child works the program and gets as much as possible out of it. -RM

Mikey

Psycho Gorilla Dad
The intake takes two days - he finishes the physical exam portion tomorrow, then we know if he'll be accepted into the program.

So far, the only thing we've found from day 1 is that certain ADD medications induce depression in McWeedy. But I gather that we won't get anything more concrete until after both parts of the intake are complete.

And even then, since this is a medical study with a high degree of confidentiality, I doubt we'll hear much more than that, unless he's prevented from joining the program for some reason other than drug use. In that case, they'll tell us why he was rejected for the study.

I'll know more by Friday (or maybe not until early next week).

Mikey