Misery Loves Company

TerryJ2

So, I had to resort to emailing my difficult child's teacher today. After I sent it, I forwarded it to my little sister, who has a 20-yr-old difficult child who has gone through drug rehab 3X. Here are the emails, for your commiseration ... (I edited the names out)

---------------------------------------
Hi K,

difficult child was very stubborn this a.m. and refused to change his clothes, wash or wear socks. He reeks (in case you hadn't noticed.) I have placed an extra shirt in his backpack. Perhaps you could get the school nurse to talk to him ... I am taking away privileges until he bathes. Sorry to get you involved in his hygiene, but I suspect your nose has already gotten you involved! ;-)

----------------
Did you ever have to send an email like this to your kids' teachers?

My sister's response:

No, can't say that I have. However, I do have a letter sent home from school day-care that says C's inappropriate behavior (waving her underwear out the bus window), would not be tolerated.
Things haven't changed much...I kept the letter for some reason. It reassures me it was a nature vs nurture thing...

Sheila

that says C's inappropriate behavior (waving her underwear out the bus window), would not be tolerated.
Things haven't changed much...I kept the letter for some reason. It reassures me it was a nature vs nurture thing...

OMG! I don't know why I am roflmbo. It's not funny. Poor Sis. :rofl:

I would have been mortified -- maybe more so than when difficult child participated in a "I can pee further than you" contest in the boys bathroom in 1st grade. :faint:

mstang67chic

Going Green
Things like that, while you can empathize, are just so much funnier when it's not YOUR kid doing it! LOL My brother is actually 9 months younger than my difficult child. He'll tell me things he done and since it's him, I'm just in tears from laughing. Had difficult child done the same thing however, I would have been livid! (Like the time my brother ran some copies off at school. Of his bum. I asked if he had extras that I could show my friends.)

You guys, my brother (who is 5 years my junior) was the ORIGINAL difficult child. He did things in school that have never been done before, nor since.

Most are not even appropriate to type here (let's say that many involved his rear end, in every way shape and form) but anyone interested in laughing at someone else's misfortune, PM me.

K

Kjs

OMG...hilarious. Sheila...my difficult child played that game too. I believe about the same age too.