Miss KT wants to come home

KTMom91

I'm surprised. She's complained about my mom several hundred times, but I never had any idea she wanted to come home until she asked me about it tonight. I've seen a lot of improvement in her overall attitude, and her measure of politeness towards Hubby, but I don't know if she can maintain it once she's home. on the other hand, I don't feel like I can tell her NOT to come home, because there HAS been improvement.

I told her I had to talk to Hubby first; he's all right with her coming home. I can't help but be nervous, though; I don't want to end up in an armed camp again.

I'm so confused.

klmno

The situation is a little out of my realm but I'll throw out a thought- do you think it would work successfully if you listed out your concerns (only for yourself) and then decided on things she could do to help you feel more comfortable about her coming back home, then discuss those things with her and if she does those things, she can come back. Maybe like, come to stay weekends for 2 mos and we'll see how things go, keep her grades up, don't stay out past curfew, or whatever it was that you saw as big issues.

FWIW- I REALLY wish I had someone to help like this with my difficult child- I think many times that if he could be sent someplace else that was safe but not too comfy for a while, he might start acting a little differently at home.

everywoman

Mary, I would make sure that all agreements are in writing before you agree to let her come home. What are your and husband's expectations? What are hers? I'm glad she's had a chance to see that the grass is browner on the other side of the fence. Maybe she is ready. I sent mine to live with my gfgbiomom for a while. It changed his whole prospective about home.

Jena

I hope the conversation goes well, not an easy thing to handle I"m sure. I'm so glad there has been that improvement and the desire to come and be with you is there, that in itself is great.

I like klmno's idea also if your totally on the fence regarding it due to what it was like before.

KTMom91

She brought her posters and prom dresses over this morning. I reminded her she would need to be patient in regards to her room; we've been storing stuff in there and don't have time to get it all cleaned out before tomorrow. She was fine with that. She sat down and played with her kitty and the rat, then headed "back to Nana's". She was also looking online for jobs.

Fingers crossed and a chicken liver fog dance that this is a good move for all of us.

F

flutterbee

I would have things in writing, like EW suggested.

Good luck. I hope things are better than before.

(((hugs)))