Missing Child -

Star*

call 911........call 911
This little girl is from Tampa - and caught a Greyhound to CT.

She hasn't called home since Nov. 18- have you seen her?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Saying a prayer that this child, wherever she is, is safe and found quickly.

My heart goes out to this family.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I will show this to difficult child and see if she's seen her around. Bristol is very close to where we live and she hangs out. If she's in with the wrong crowd, difficult child may have seen her.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks all - I dont' know how to do that blog thing - but if someone were to see her there are instructions on calling the national hotline and her parents email and that blog thingy.

(bad dain bray)

F

flutterbee

Ok. Call me jaded, but I've seen way too many hoaxes on the internet and this smells like another. If I'm wrong, my heart goes out to the girl and her family.

The amount of detail given just seemed odd. Then, that it's after December 3 and she's still not listed with the missing children group. And then, of course, they have a paypal account you can donate to.

Think twice before donating. At least wait for it to show up with the Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I thought that was odd too. I think I'm going to call the center for missing children 1st from now on and KNOW what's going on. I guess since it happened to me with Dude - I just don't think past the "please helps"

I'll be keeping an eye on this - but Good point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wyntersgrace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok. Call me jaded, but I've seen way too many hoaxes on the internet and this smells like another. If I'm wrong, my heart goes out to the girl and her family.

The amount of detail given just seemed odd. Then, that it's after December 3 and she's still not listed with the missing children group. And then, of course, they have a paypal account you can donate to.

Think twice before donating. At least wait for it to show up with the Center for Missing and Exploited Children. </div></div>

I got the opposite feeling -- I'm usually skeptical but the amount of checkable detail here made me think it's legit. Plus it's a website instead of a forwarded email. The mom probably does need money to help with the expenses, i.e. traveling, missed work, reproducing fliers, etc. But it probably would be better to let someone else post the appeal for funds separately.

Many of the comments on the Digg item are vile, revolting, disgusting, and very disturbing.

Well - I just rechecked and now the most vile comments are "below viewing threshold" whatever that means. There are still some pretty stinky comments left though.

A user named "scottr" has posted very plausible replies to some of the skeptical comments. I'm still thinking legit.

TerryJ2

Wow. I hadn't thought of that. Sigh.
Seems like donating to an acct for a bank, lawyer or church or something would be the way to go.