Missing my Mom

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
IMG_0004.JPG
My Mom passed at the end of May. Today would have been her 90th Birthday. She was loving and kind, excentric and artsy. We were a large family and were far from wealthy some may even have thought of us as needy. We never wanted for good food, warm clothes and a house with a loving mother.

She was truly the glue that kept us all together. She would often prepare and give food baskets to the needy especially at Christmas time.
She would always add extra little treats and always something for the mother of the Hosue. Usually a little Avon treat as she was the local Avon lady for some time.

When she was 60 she began to drift a little from eccentric to odd. This progressed slowly to Alzheimer's disease. My sister God bless her, has enough of her own challenges in life, but took to ensuring my mother was well looked after. She took her to Alzheimer's day care, sat with her often and saw to her being secured in a loving care facility when the time came. This was no easy task, with lots of family interference.

I am not sleeping so well tonight. If I had a night like this as a little girl, I would creep down stairs and often find my mother baking pies and bread. She would look at me with half a grin and pretend to scold me for being up and hand me a warm piece of doe. I still love warm pie dough. I loved more that I had a little bit of my mother all to myself.

Miss you my dear mother. Kisses to the sky.

BusynMember

Blessings to a kind snd beautiful and well loved woman, your beloved mother.

I am sorry for your grief. I justlost my father and am still struggling with that and not sleeping well either. I often feel as if he is with me and it is very odd.

You take care of yourself, lovely lady. I dont know what orif you believr anything...i believe our loved ones who pass are still in spirit with us.No matter what you believe, i am sure your mother was happier because you were her daughter.

Peace.

wisernow

wisernow
So sorry to both of you for your losses. My Mom passed almost 4 years ago and I still think of her every day. Typically with a smile because she was the most beautiful kind soul. Sometimes with tears still as her passing left a gaping hole in my life and in my heart. She gave me strength in my darkest times with difficult son and the marriage collapse.

When she passed I took over her house as I recently emerged from a divorce. There are times I can still smell her hair spray in the early morning when I get up to make coffee.

I know she is still with me somehow and somewhere and that our spirits are intertwined and we will meet again.

It doesn't make the grieving go away but for me it gives me hope and strength and I vow everyday to be the best I can in her honour. Hugs to you both!

Littleboylost

SWOT I am very Spiritual. I feel we don't know what we don't know. I sort of like the idea that the indigenous believe. There is a great ball of spirit energy and we return to it when we pass on. This spirit energy is never created or destroyed it is just used again and again. From one and of one. Weird belief for some one raised a Catholic lol. I do think that is why some of us feel reincarnated souls we are all recycled energy.

Wiser
I feel my grandmothers spirit around me very often. Not yet my mother. But in time I am certain I will. Wether it is what our heart misses and desires that makes us feel this presence or something beyond. It is a power and a love that keeps us going.

Hugs to both of you.

BusynMember

I believe and feel it was proven to me many times that our body dies, not our energy, not our spirit or who we are. I feel we live many lives.

That does help. I believe with everything I have that I will see my father when I take that trip across the veil.

My husband swore my father was in our roomone night. Swears. Says he thought it was me at first (he was in bed and I was still awake in theliving room watching TV, unable to sleep). My husband does not really believe in spirits, but he swears by this very odd happening. Actually he said "someone" but I am sure it was Dad.

I love you, Dad!

Littleboylost

View attachment 845 My Mom passed at the end of May. Today would have been her 90th Birthday. She was loving and kind, excentric and artsy. We were a large family and were far from wealthy some may even have thought of us as needy. We never wanted for good food, warm clothes and a house with a loving mother.

She was truly the glue that kept us all together. She would often prepare and give food baskets to the needy especially at Christmas time.
She would always add extra little treats and always something for the mother of the Hosue. Usually a little Avon treat as she was the local Avon lady for some time.

When she was 60 she began to drift a little from eccentric to odd. This progressed slowly to Alzheimer's disease. My sister God bless her, has enough of her own challenges in life, but took to ensuring my mother was well looked after. She took her to Alzheimer's day care, sat with her often and saw to her being secured in a loving care facility when the time came. This was no easy task, with lots of family interference.

I am not sleeping so well tonight. If I had a night like this as a little girl, I would creep down stairs and often find my mother baking pies and bread. She would look at me with half a grin and pretend to scold me for being up and hand me a warm piece of doe. I still love warm pie dough. I loved more that I had a little bit of my mother all to myself.

SWOT my dad passed last year on a turn of awful events that made his last days simply terrible. I miss him so very much. Each parent connection is so special and unique. I am sorry for your loss. Be kind to your heart during this time of grief.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
You are all so very fortunate that you had your parents into adulthood and they sound wonderful!

My mother passed when I was 15. She was only 54 years old. She was an alcoholic though so a lost soul. My father passed 2 years later when I was 17. He was only 61.

I try very hard to remember the essence of them but after so many years it is very hard.

I have not known what it's like to have parents as an adult woman so when I hear others complain about their parents it is really a dagger in the heart because they don't know how lucky they are to have a relationship with the people that gave them life as an adult.

You are all blessed!

RN0441

View attachment 845 My Mom passed at the end of May. Today would have been her 90th Birthday. She was loving and kind, excentric and artsy. We were a large family and were far from wealthy some may even have thought of us as needy. We never wanted for good food, warm clothes and a house with a loving mother.

Your mother was very beautiful. You look exactly like her!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
((HUGS)) for your hurting heart. My mom has been gone 19 years and I will never stop missing her.

Thanks for sharing these wonderful memories of your mom with us. I can almost smell those pies baking!

RN0441

Aww you are too kind. Lately I just feel old, ugly and broken.

I know that feeling. I have made 2017 a year about me and taken my life back. It feels good. Not saying it's easy or I'm not sad a lot of the time but I am really focusing on my health and well-being. Mentally and physically.

My suffering in no way has helped my son.