Missing my "other" son

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks all -

We talked to Dude last night. He called Stevens Mom who has asked Dude to help her with the plans. Neither wants to be alone right now.

I think Dude is starting to wonder about being the soul survivor - we lost his other brother nearly 9 years ago. Your kids are NOT supposed to go before you do.

nvts

Star: there are no words. I wish we could be there physically for you, but at least we can be HERE for you, Dude and the other family. I didn't know about your older son, so this has to be a tough one to bare.

Please know in your heart that we're here for you, and let that mom know that there are a bunch of us praying for her and Dude's new guardian angel.

Beth

jbrain

Oh Star,
I am so sorry for your loss. This is terrible news. Please know I am thinking of you and DUde and my heart goes out to you.
Love,
Jane

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Star, I am so terribly sad for you, DF, Dude, Steven and his mom; how tragic a loss.

Sending lots of warm and gentle hugs and prayers. I know this is not easy and it will take some time before you're all able to talk about Steven without feeling pain. I'm sorry.

TerryJ2

Oh, that's so sad.
Really nice that Stephen's mom wants Dude to help with-plans, though. It will help both of them.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Star,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. There is really no more to say other than we are here for you when you are hurting. (((hugs))) to you & Dude.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so very sorry. Please let Steven's Mother know how sorry I am and that I am praying for all of you. I hope the planning isn't too much for Dude.

It is hard to be the sole survivor. I watched my great gma do that. Dude is so young to already be starting to be the only one alive. At least he has plenty of guardian angels up there keeping watch over him.

Wish I was closer to give you a hug.

B

butterflydreams

Star, I just read this. I am so sorry for your loss. This must have been a horrible blow to you. I too hope that this doesn't derail Dude.

Hugs,

Christy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks all -

What I know at this point is dental records were retrieved....and a funeral home has been picked. We decided together that since he was already burned - to create his remains and let Vickie keep them. When she is able to let go, since this was all so sudden....and we can find a place in the wind where Steven will be everywhere - we'll do that.

That's yesterdays plan anyway - Some of the immediate family members want to have him buried since they feel he was already burned enough.

This is certainly, like Linda (Timer) said a wake up call for planning things and making sure insurance is paid and plans/wishes are in writing. What 18 year old ever sits around and plans his funeral? Would you have any idea what your kids would want? I don't...but whent he time is right we're going to have a talk with Dude - and soon.

So far? He's just not able to go to school or out in public. He's keeping busy doing manual chores and at times he's just angry - but holding it together pretty well.

Thanks for the prayers - They are much appreciated by all families.