Missing my son

Helpless29

Havent talked to my son since he ran away from rehab, I know he is safe with his dad and as of now doing ok, I know he wanted to come see me but I wasnt ready yet, usually when he does things like this, I can forgive him but this time, its been hard to let go of my feelings of anger towards him & harder to let go of how much he has put me through. I feel bad/ sad for telling him no he cannot come here & see us.

Triedntrue

Don't feel bad , it is his behavior that is the issue not yours. You have supported him through so much and when someone treats you like he did chances are in the real world they would not want you around. He needs to understand that the way you treat people matters. Your home is your sanctuary. Maybe when you decide to see him you could meet somewhere neutral to take the pressure off and make sure he doesn't con you into taking him back.Hang i there.

Albatross

I'm so glad you know your son is safe and OK.

He needs to understand that the way you treat people matters.
I really think this is true. We need to show them it matters, for their sake and for our own.

I think honesty is an absolute cornerstone of their recovery. If we can't be honest about how we feel, how can we expect them to be honest, or to make amends?

Maybe when you decide to see him you could meet somewhere neutral to take the pressure off and make sure he doesn't con you into taking him back.
I think this is a great idea.

Kathy813

Staff member
You will know when you are ready and he will just have to wait. There are consequences for his choices and he needs to learn that.

~Kathy