Molly Painting for those who want to see

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm finished!!! And it didn't take me almost 3 months to complete. lol Of course this time it helped that I had an idea of what I was doing. :tongue: Worked my arse off and got it done. One more painting to go.......and I swear it's gonna be a tulip. A simple little tulip. Ought to take about a couple hours tops.

So here she is. Now I've got to put here that the camera didn't do it any favors. I see colors are somewhat distorted as is the image itself. Can't do much about that as it's far to large to scan into the computer. But it looks much better in person.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd204/Lisaisqueen/Artwork/MollyPainting.jpg

KTMom91

I love it! When things settle down for you, would you consider painting Buddy for me? What's the going rate for canine portraits?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks guys. I'm rather proud of it. And this one I made Nichole snap the picture of tonight before I turn it in. lol It still has to be matted yet.

Mary when things calm down here......in other words during summer break once I get the house cleaned up.....I wouldn't mind attempting a painting of Buddy. Molly is the first dog I've done and only my 2nd painting. I could use the practice, so no charge as I couldn't gaurantee how it will come out. lol But I love drawing and painting animals, they're my favorite subjects. :)

Nichole wants me to do Betsy next, but frankly I'm scared to. She's nearly all black and I'm not sure how I'd pull it off. Plus we can't seem to get a decent picture of her to save our lives. I'd like to do Rowdy as well, but he's all white......so not sure how I'd pull that off either. Not enough experience yet I guess. lol

As for the tulip..........lol I'm forcing myself to do something simple for the last painting. I've got to get it done and turned in by tuesday. With my Mom coming to town, that paper still to do for micro, and a final to study for. I've decided if I make it thru this weekend I'm made of steel. :rofl:

klmno

Great job! What type of paint? You really have a lot of detail in it- it looks like it took forever!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Acrylic paints on watercolor press board. I can't afford oils. lol

I'm still trying to get the fur technique down well. Itty bitty teeny weeny brush........and LOTS of hours. This one was about 50 hrs total.

You're a true artist! Do you have a Michaels near you? You can buy frames there with a coupon- they comes with the glass,and hardware-I only pay about $20 for a gorgeous wood frame 18x24. The coupons are in their circular.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Lisa, it's a terrific picture. Wonderful job.

There are rake brushes that work beautifully for fur or hair. When I paint I use them a lot.

http://www.your-decorative-painting-resource.com/artist-paint-brushes.html
RAKE2.gif

RAKE, FILBERT RAKE

The filbert rake is fun for creating hair, beards, feathers, fur, grass and woodgrain. It's a flat texturing brush with an oval, naturally fingered shape. Because of it's shape it offers softer edges than a flat rake.
When you're using either of the rakes you can choose to thin your paint depending on the effect you're trying to achieve. To get light texture just apply very little pressure. Don't overload the hairs with paint... the idea is to make sure that the bristles stay apart. Rakes are available in many sizes.

Suz

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Even in the photo you can see the detail you put into the fur! Great portrait on your Molly and your effort shows! Thanks for sharing......waiting for tulip painting........

mstang67chic

Going Green
Very nice!!!! I see a side business in your future. Pet portraits!!!

Hee hee

Since Pootie is in love with Chester and best buds with Cloe, Star and I will have to submit pictures of all of them and you can do a group painting!!

Oh and by the way....after my painting debacle last night (see my big mouth post) I definately appluad you. I know it's a different type of painting but I would so NOT have the patience for that! (or even half the talent)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Suz

OMG thank you! And double thanks for those links!! I have a rake brush......just didn't know what it was called, nor what it was for. lol Hmmm, you'd think that might be a handy thing to tell your students in a painting class, wouldn't you? I've favorited the one that tells me what the brushes are for and shows me what they look like, that is going to be so handy until I get them all learned. :)

Hugs

Andy

Very nice! I used to dream of being a painter when I was growing up. That is one talent that I don't have even the itty bitty ability. I consoled my inability by saying that if I could draw, I would never do ANYTHING else so it wasn't for me.